x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Uses for a 7" CE6 netbook?

1 2 3
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 5:39 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Nice work again, RTFM. I don't own this machine but now you have me jones-ing for one.

Jake
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 4:56 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Nice work Matt, Still looking for a touch screen 8650 netbook from american based seller.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 12:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I saw one on eBay that sells from LA. I'm thinking that I want an 8" over a 7" for the 800x600 screen resolution. They only cost about $80 these days... But maybe I'd like a 10" instead...
 Top of the page
TheRaven Page Icon Posted 2012-02-08 12:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

On the topic of CE 6.0, I recently converted my WITS 7"tablet to CE 6.0 (It has both android and CE firmware from the manufacturer).
I've been able to plug in a mouse and keyboard via the two USB host ports on it.
Trying to find good software for it, but I've been stymied most of the time. CABS won't install, most apps don't seem to load.

If anyone has a good package of software and games that run on CE 6.0 or 6.0 embedded, I'd be forever grateful.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-08 2:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There are some posts here on HPCFactor with software packages that will run on these tablets.

Actually I've found that nearly all HPC or Windows CE programs will run fine...the problem is the current format of the CAB files. The authors encoded the software for Arm or XScale processors, not for the cpus these tablets have. Hence, these devices are not recognized as compatible with the applications, even though we know they are ARM compatible devices.

It is a simple matter to take the CAB file and change the properties of it so that it will install fine on the tablet using the OCP Cabmanager Wizard program.
 Top of the page
TheRaven Page Icon Posted 2012-02-08 9:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey Rich, thanks for the reply.
That suggestion did the trick for some software I was looking at, thanks again!

I've read on the forums in previous threads that there was a modified doom port for CE 6 done by a member of the forum. Is that still kicking around?
Thanks for the help
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-15 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got a small solar setup so using half the power of my 10" XP unit is the reason. Would be the same for running of a car battery when the vehicle is not mooving e.g. traveling in a van or something. Closet lunch time surfers outside work in the car ??
 Top of the page
wkt Page Icon Posted 2014-02-07 6:35 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

RTFM - 2012-01-10 1:25 AM

Rich: This explains it better than i can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal_processor

To anybody else interested... skip the link i posted above. I just uploaded a 2nd release with major improvements over the previous.
Download: http://www.filefactory.com/file/c132100/n/wm8650-netbook-debian-sid-v2.tar.bz2 (388mb)

Cheers

Hi, want to ask whether it is possible that you refresh the
broken link to this Debian rootfs/system for the wm8650 ?

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-02-08 9:58 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I didn't check the contents of the file since I don't own WM8650, but here seems to be what seems the version 4.

http://minus.com/mumHgW4Nd

Edited by stingraze 2014-02-08 10:53 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 15