x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Latest version of .NET CF

ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-19 12:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

What is the latest version of the .NET CF that can be installed on HPC2000? I heard that is only possible to install the v1.0, but I don't want to believe on that. There are many good applications for Windows Mobile that runs on .NET CF 3.5. Is there a way to run it on our beloved jornadas, even using redgear and hard hacking skills?
I found a great app that I really want to run on my Jornada. It's open source and is based on .NET CF 3.5. If is too hard to install .NET CF 3.5, is it viable to compile it for .NET CF 1.0? I know that a lot of functions will be missing, but maybe I could do some implementations on the code to make it run on CF 1.0....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-20 8:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thus far only .NET CF 1.0 works in CE 3 (including H/PC 2000). We've been having trouble garnering enough support to get even .NET CF 2.0 ported back to CE 3.0 or earlier:

http://netcfwince200.codeplex.com/workitem/6783
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-20 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

what if we use RedGear to install it? Microsoft claims that it runs on PPC2003. RedGear is a PPC2003 compatbility layer, right? What happens if we try to install it and run with RedGear dlls? Does it at least try to run?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-21 5:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As I recall, isotherm didn't write .NET CF support into RedGear. (He talked about it, but never got that far before abandoning the project. )
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-21 2:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Isotherm, what about reopening redgear project to give some .net cf compatibility? I know that this project started to give some Opera Mobile compatibility, and it was great, because it gave a longer life to my Jornada. Now you just made Opera Mini also running on CE4.1 devices, which is AWESOME (improving my Sig3 performance on the web). What if you could make redgear compatible with .net CF 3.5? I'm willing to pay for a redgear v2 for sure! It will give a even longer life to our devices, as almost every app today is built upon .net CF.
 Top of the page
SCyrus Page Icon Posted 2012-05-01 2:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

MioPocket 3 will add .net 3.5 to you Jornada after you install it. It has a registry export that is imported into the registry adding .net 3.5. I will work with some programs that need .net 3.5 and if you check in the add/remove section of the control panel, you will see .net 3.5 installed.
 Top of the page
kikura Page Icon Posted 2013-04-06 11:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

First post.

I am trying to set up a syncml client on my Jornada 720, but all the clients I have tried require .net cf 2.0

I would like to try .net cf 3.5, but cannot work out how to install Miopocket as described above. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-04-06 11:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The previous posts should make it clear that it can't be done.
 Top of the page
kikura Page Icon Posted 2013-04-06 11:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

SCyrus - 2012-05-01 2:58 AM

MioPocket 3 will add .net 3.5 to you Jornada after you install it. It has a registry export that is imported into the registry adding .net 3.5. I will work with some programs that need .net 3.5 and if you check in the add/remove section of the control panel, you will see .net 3.5 installed.

This post seems to suggest it can be done, although I can accept that it can't if you say so.

Thanks,

Nick
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-04-07 2:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

MioPocket wasn't even written for CE 3.0. Unless I'm mistaken, it requires at least CE 4.2. If that poster actually got it installed on a Jornada and ran .NET CF 3.5 programs on the device, methinks we'd've heard more details. Just putting in a registry value that says .NET CF 3.5 is installed doesn't make it so.
 Top of the page
kikura Page Icon Posted 2013-04-07 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Okay. Thanks.

Was really hopeful. I managed to get TTSync running and syncing but it is really clunky at best and was hoping to find a better solution.

Nick
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10