x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

samsung izzi is nearly heading out the window help

jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-22 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i am just about at the end of my tether, cant get any wireless cards working with wep, so gone out and brought a belkin f5d6020 and checking out the driver which apperently supports it, info here http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wl100driver.htm, and now it just says \windows\wl100ioc.dll cannot be found, but if i try to uninstall it i get , file are currently in use or read only, what???so now i cant uninstall or set up any wifi, i sees this thing heading out the window, ive even got the 3v patch installed aswell, what is it iam doing wrong???
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-22 7:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Which version of the f5d6020?
I assume you've looked at the HCL?

Try soft resetting without the card in and ensuring that the windows\startup folder doesn't have a wifi app in it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 6:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Handheld PC Professional
 Top of the page
jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi i have looked at the card and checked against the hcl list and i cannot reference to what version it is, it says belkin 2.4ghz dsss pcmcia card ieee 802.11b/11mbps.
the fcc id is K7SF5D6020 BUT THE MODEL SAYS F5D6020, NOW WHEN I PUT IT IN THE SAMSUNG IZZY THE LIGHT COMES ON THEN GOES OUT AND THE I AM ASKED FOR THE DRIVER NAME WHICH I TYPE IN AND NOTHING,IF I TRY THE WIRELESS UTILITY IT JUST SAYS UNABLE TO FIND THE DRIVER, AS BEFORE IN MY EARLIER POST, THANKS C:Amie, i will also check the startup folder.
By the way anybody know which sd card is compatable with the bsqaure maui? or which wireless software works on this device?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 2:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Did you try the prism reference driver linked from the HCL?
 Top of the page
jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No but i will give that a try, sorry for the delay just done night shift bit tired, be back in while
 Top of the page
jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

this is how for i got, i can get the belkin f5d6020 to work with the compoaq wl100 driver but this for no wep support and the card powers up fine withe driver WL100NDS.dll ,ok so far so good i am advancing slowly but it will not work with the driver from the HCL list as i realy want wep as minimum security, and all the prism wifi utils dont work they come up with unable to find file, i removed these utils from windows startup folder, does anbody know where i could be going wrong to get the wep working, and it make it difficult to hard reset as i have to take th whole machine apart to remove the memory battery after i have remove the main battery ,one would thought of a better way of hard reset, soft reset is easy reset button in the side, so any further ideas and suggestion would be great
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-23 10:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you using a wep key or a passphrase?
Have you followed the wifi troubleshooting guide?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9