x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!

1 2
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-12-25 1:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-12-25 1:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I lived to see another roll around, but a few more friends and family members died this past year, making each holiday season a little more lonely and melancholy.

For those of you still young with full lives...enjoy your blessings and don't take them for granted.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2011-12-26 2:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-12-26 4:05 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a happy new year when it rolls around.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-26 9:45 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Stingraze, I was always curious about Christmas in Japan. How was is there? Do you celebrate Christmas as the ocident does? Because japanese usually are not christian, right? (I know that a few are, but usually there is another belief, I think). Do you have another party to celebrate the end of the year, like Christmas, or you just celebrate it as everyone else? I'm very curious about japanese culture. One day, when I get rich, I will save some money to visit your country =]
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-12-26 8:00 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I hope everyone else has had a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!!!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-12-26 8:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I ate home-made tacos until I couldn't move any longer....maybe not your typical holiday meal, but then again, I am not your typical person.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-27 12:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

None of us here are, Rich. (Otherwise we wouldn't be here.)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2011-12-27 2:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

ntware - 2011-12-26 6:45 PM

Stingraze, I was always curious about Christmas in Japan. How was is there? Do you celebrate Christmas as the ocident does? Because japanese usually are not christian, right? (I know that a few are, but usually there is another belief, I think). Do you have another party to celebrate the end of the year, like Christmas, or you just celebrate it as everyone else? I'm very curious about japanese culture. One day, when I get rich, I will save some money to visit your country =]

Well, Christmas here is interesting. There are Christmas song BGM everywhere you go, literally. There are Christmas trees displayed everywhere too, and store clerks wear Santa hat and stuff. We celebrate new years as a different thing, and children get otoshidama, which is money for the year from relatives. I am a Christian, although most people here in Japan are atheists, Buddhists, or Shinto. Yes. You should definitely visit Japan when you have the chance.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-28 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

That's really cool! I didn't know japan has incorporated all the Christmas culture. I loved this "otoshidama" stuff... wish my country had this culture too, so that I would have been a happier child! (and also bought my first HPC earlier.... )
anyway, I'm saving money and learning some japanese (slowly). I hope in a few years I will spent my third honeymoon visiting Japan.

Watashi wa motto benkyou shitai. Anata wa watashi o tasukeru koto ga dekimasu ka?

Edited by ntware 2011-12-28 11:39 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2011-12-29 9:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

ntware - 2011-12-28 8:32 PM

That's really cool! I didn't know japan has incorporated all the Christmas culture. I loved this "otoshidama" stuff... wish my country had this culture too, so that I would have been a happier child! (and also bought my first HPC earlier.... )
anyway, I'm saving money and learning some japanese (slowly). I hope in a few years I will spent my third honeymoon visiting Japan.

Watashi wa motto benkyou shitai. Anata wa watashi o tasukeru koto ga dekimasu ka?

Yes, I can help you. Let me know if you need a Japanese site you want translated to English.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-29 11:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Jissai ni, watashi wa darekaga banashi o suru hitsuyou. Anata wa nitai o motteimasu ka?

Anata wa watashi ni anata no "email" shoushin dekimasu ka?

Edited by ntware 2011-12-29 11:12 AM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-01-01 4:54 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I really hope everyone has a happy NEW YEAR! May 2012 bring happiness and blessings to everyone!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-01-01 10:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Happy New Year everybody

Anyone got any 'big plans' for 2012?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-01 12:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Constipated this morning...hope this isn't an indication of what I'm to expect for the new year...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.363 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 11