x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Should I keep it?

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 9:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Bite your tongue, Paspie.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 9:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek - 2012-01-11 9:44 AM

Bite your tongue, Paspie.
Lets face it, how many people in this world actually care about the platform? Lets face it, we are a tiny minority. Even Psions are more popular.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 11:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If we are a tiny minority, where does that put the Palm OS people?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-01-12 1:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Paspie - 2012-01-11 6:34 PM

The MobilePro 900 is just one of those PDA's that you would be a fool to get rid of as even with non-HPC fanatics it would be pretty sought after. Most other Windows CE PDA's are pretty much disposable nowadays.

No... I disagree on other Windows CE PDAs being disposable. I love the Sig3!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-01-12 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have several WinCE devices, a Psion netBook (EPOC) and a Series 5. I have a couple of Palm devices and a couple devices that run their own OS. And I've found that each device has it's uses.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-01-13 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I did say most other CE devices. The Sig3 is not one of them. I really meant stuff like the HP360LX and LG Phenom's, plus low end Palm and Pocket PC's. Really I just cannot understand why anyone should use them today.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-13 3:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It's all nostalgia Paspie...that and limited use. For instance, any of the old devices would make a decent ebook reader, or simple game playing toy...something you might keep in the glove box of your car to idle away the time while the women are in shopping for groceries. All you need is something to plug into the cigarette lighter for power, unless they run off AA batteries like the 360LX you mentioned.

And since they really have little important functional use, if they break or get damaged, it isn't like it is the end of the world...not like you would feel if you accidently damaged your Sig III screen....
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-01-13 4:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well Paspie, it all boils down to what you need. I used a Palm Vx up to recently in co-junction with my smart phone. (I keep business and pleasure separate.) Just because *you* don't have or can find a use for them doesn't mean that adheres to everyone else.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2012-03-29 10:12 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

You should shoot over to cmonex's site and install that ROM for the MobilePro 900c that uses a hive based registry. Then you at least won't need to worry about losing everything when the battery dies.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12