x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync always puts my Nino clock 1 hour in advance

aab Page Icon Posted 2012-01-18 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Each time I sync my Philips Nino 500 (the only device I sync because it's the only one without a backup program on it) it sets my clock 1 hour in advance, and yes I have the right time zone on both PCs.

I know I can set AS not to sync the clock but the setting seems to turn itself back on.

So the possible solutions are:
Best option: A backup program that can run on the Nino itself (CE 2.11) so I don't need to go through an overly complex process of XP emulators, serial port emulators, and so on just to back up.
Acceptable option: Some way for ActiveSync to stop screwing up the time on each backup

This also happens to be the only device where I need the right time since I put all my reminders on it, and if I forget to fix the time after a backup then I get all reminders an hour early.

Is there a backup program for the Nino that can make self extracting backups (otherwise it's useless since it wouldn't be in the Nino's ROM) so I can not only easily backup, but stop having my time screwed up on each backup.

Thanks

Edited by aab 2012-01-18 1:17 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2012-01-18 2:11 AM
#
H/PC Elder

It might be related to Daylight saving times settings. Make sure it's on I guess?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-01-18 4:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My Casio E-15 has had this quirk too. (My Nino 300 hasn't done this though.) Never figured out the cause. I just acquiesced to it and adjusted the time since it only took a few seconds to do.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-01-18 6:15 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I have trouble with this, too, compounded by my travels back and forth to the States. What I do is set every timezone, from desktop to HPC to on-line Google calendar, to "Bogota timezone." Bogota has EST, but no daylight savings. This keeps my clocks to the proper time year-round. (Until I tried this, my Nokia E90 was driving me mad)

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-18 12:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You didn't really mention if you have some 3rd party software syncing data to your handheld. Some desktop software applications may cause the problem as well. For instance, Lotus Notes will sync data with your handheld, resetting the system clock to what it believes is correct, regardless of what your desktop machine says.

One way to see is to make sure that nothing is synced when you Activesync your handheld. No appointments, no contacts, nothing. Then do a couple of test syncs and see if the Nino's time changes. If not, then start adding back whatever desktop applications/folder, etc you have that you sync with....one at a time until you can produce the error.

Another fix would be to go into your Nino's registry and set all the different time zones to the same value, or actually delete all but the one you want, i.e. keep central standard time if that is what you use, and delete all the others....

I think you can disable the daylight savings time zone fix by editing this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

Although most machines allow that option through the control panel.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

After setting ActiveSync to not sync the clock it seems fine, I think the problem returned when I had to restore my Windows XP emulator to an earlier date where AS was set to sync the clock.

Does anyone know where I can get a backup program for the Nino itself? The process to backup to my PC is ridiculously complex, if the Nino had a backup program like just about every other PSPC made it would be so much easier to back it up.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 7:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Any of the MIPS backup programs that work with the Sharp Mobilon series or Compaq 810 or 2010 handhelds should work. I'm thinking BUseful Backup or Thumbsup should work.

Perhaps ArtSSave would be your best bet...he even shows a Nino as his test device: http://www.artsoft.ru/eng/products.htm
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 9:09 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks, bUseful backup would be useful lol, seriously it's one of my favorite backup programs for CE, I've also lost it for the MP900.

Do you know where I could get it both for my MP900 and a version for the Nino?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12