x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Doug
Doug Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 12:00 PM
#
I've tried to use the pdf viewer that was included in a TDS Recon. I can get some pdfs to view (not very well, the graphics are kinda bad and you cant zoom in very close or the linework gets very thick). Some pdfs open and others don't. I can't figure out the difference. It does not seem to be the size of the file. any Ideas on what to check or how to stop the "bad" linework?

Doug
 Top of the page
Doug
Doug Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 12:02 PM
#
Oh, just to add to that last message. The pdfs contain roadway plan sets, so they are "drawing" heavy.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, is it the westtek one? that really *sucks* (sorry)...
i'm just trying to get adobe acrobat reader to work on ce.net 4.2, is that your platform too? or a lower build? - if lower, then acrobat reader 1.0 will work perfectly! try it
btw, ansyr primer works fine too (most of the time, i didn't experiment with it too much yet) but it is slow..

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-07 12:41 PM
 Top of the page
Doug
Doug Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 12:58 PM
#
really? I'll try it. It's windows ce 4.10.

Doug
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

and what CPU is it?

if it is some flavour of ARM (and not x86 etc...), you'll be fine. just download the acrobat 1.0 redist from here, and then cemenu dlls from my site. then just put the aygshell.dll (18 Kbyte) from cemenu dlls, into the same folder where acrobat.exe resides. i think that's all, if not, get back to me!
 Top of the page
dmass
dmass Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 3:40 PM
#
forgive me for not being good at this. First time messing with this stuff. I downloaded the "Adobe Acrobat Reader 1.0 (HPC2000 Installer" (I assume this is the one that you meant. I installed the cab file. I copied your dll and placed it under the prog...adobe...reader folder. Soft booted and tried to run the program and it gives me a Acrord32 is not a valid windows ce application error. Wrong one? By the way...it is a "ARM". Thanks for all your help in this...I guess I have to walk before I can run!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-08 3:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no problem it can be difficult for the first time!

are you sure you installed the cab for ARM? (not for MIPS)
were there any messages during the install about overwriting some file?

is the aygshell.dll in the same folder as the exe? i guess so but i want to make sure is it 18.5 kbyte in size?

i'll ask one of my friends who too has ce.net 4.1 and runs acrobat reader OK.
 Top of the page
dmass
dmass Page Icon Posted 2005-07-08 6:42 AM
#
Yes, I 99% sure I grabbed the correct one (I'll try again, just to be 100%). The install went smooth, no issues. Aygshell.dll is in the correct folder (soft booted after placing it there). The size is 18.5. Thanks...

cmonex - 2005-07-08 3:50 AM

no problem it can be difficult for the first time!

are you sure you installed the cab for ARM? (not for MIPS)
were there any messages during the install about overwriting some file?

is the aygshell.dll in the same folder as the exe? i guess so but i want to make sure is it 18.5 kbyte in size?

i'll ask one of my friends who too has ce.net 4.1 and runs acrobat reader OK.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-08 6:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm, what kind of device do you have?

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-08 7:00 AM
 Top of the page
dmass
dmass Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 3:29 PM
#
It's called a tds recon. I do land surveying for a living and this serves as our data collector. you can see one at www.tdsway.com. Look under products...recon. I think it may be some sort of a pda in a tough shell.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah i see.
i'm not sure what libraries etc they could have left out of it.. try ansyr primer reader then. the company will close their site soon so hurry... it isn't free though.
 Top of the page
dmass
dmass Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 7:50 AM
#
Has ansyr been bought. www.ansyr.com leads to Global graphics. It looks like you can still buy primer at some sites, including best buy, but I'd like to find a demo first. I wrote to global graphics support.

Anyway, thanks again.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 9:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, if you want a demo version i can send you the trial of 3.1, if it's no longer available on their site. isn't it?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.152 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8