x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Gasoline, something else to whine about...

1 2
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-02-25 8:16 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

RTFM, the Geo Metro is my dream commuter car!!! I wish I could find one really really cheap!

Edited by Yoldering 2012-02-25 8:24 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-25 8:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

RTFM, is 3 cylinders strong enough to carry me, a 6 pack, and my wife too? She's pretty large you know...
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2012-02-25 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My old Suburu Justy was a Fuel-injected 3 cyl with the manual transmission and it posted similar numbers to RTFM's metro. It wasn't the most confidence-inspiring car for a new father which is why I moved to a sedan and minivan. But we could get scooting up to 75 mph with 3 (so figure 450 lbs) of slim, young, and beautiful passengers without feeling left behind the usual sedan crowd. Not a Porche, but not a Yugo either. The short wheelbase and tall side cross-section meant that crosswinds could be an adventure, though.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-25 11:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Problem with my wife and little cars, is every time she'd be riding in it, the car tended to ride around in a clockwise circle no matter how hard I steered to the left...that and the few times the left two wheels left the road....
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2012-02-26 12:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

That wouldn't be because she was "laying on hands" (to the back of the head...) ala Gibbs slap . Nice to be happily married.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-02-26 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
In Greece, driving a 4-cylinder 2007 Honda Accord, I'm paying Euro-equivalent of 10 USD a gallon. In a bankrupt country, where things are only going to get worse, you would think people would drive less or drive slower. But I was on major highways yesterday, doing 80mph, and people were blowing past me as if I were on the side of the road, changing a tire.

Granted, I see far fewer SUVs than I did when I was living in gas-price-high Chile, but that's the only concession. Since nobody else here seems to want the job, I'll probably be made prime minister in a couple of days and I'll see what I can do. But habits here are hard to break.

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-26 10:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

For US citizens, http://gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx is a great site that has fairly accurate information on gas prices in an easy to see map of the continental US. Shows station names and prices even...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-02-26 11:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2012-02-25 10:07 AM

I hear some experts saying lately that oil speculation has driven up the price as much as 2 USD per gallon here in the US.

More on this:

http://exiledonline.com/koch-industries-lackeys-admit-to-manipulating-oil-prices-and-gloat-about-it-too/
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-27 8:02 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Really are you talking about this car?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.183 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12