x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The way HPC should be...

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 11:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-03-08 4:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I saw that one myself a few months ago and thought the same thing. If that thing could dual-boot Android and CE I'd be all over it.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-03-08 7:06 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
That's a great-looking machine, but ditto what you guys say about the OS.

I just took delivery on this:

http://liliputing.com/2010/04/lenovo-ideapad-s10-3t-convertible-tablet-review.html

I thought it was a fair review, in fact more positive than others. I think reviewers don't get the whole form factor thing and the fact that users have to make compromises.

I had originally bought an EEE T91MT, back on New Year's Day, and it never came. The poor seller had festooned it with proper shipping docs, but it disappeared in Kearny, NJ and was never seen again--paypal gave me a full refund last week.

So while the USPS screwed everybody in that deal, the S10-3t (so far) has proven better. It's the high-end model, 1.83 processor vs. the standard 1.66, comes with Win7 Home Premium, which means multi--touch, 2 gb RAM, and the seller had replaced the hhd with a 120 gb ssd. The machine is in great condition, so I don't believe the seller ever truly liked it.

I'm enjoying myself, though it's hardly an HPC; and its form factor isn't as slick as a TinyBook, for instance. But once you dumb down the Aero, make some icon and button adjustments for the touch screen, it's quite functional. It even allows cpu frequency and scaling and the screen is glorious, as is the keyboard. The 4-cell battery is so-so, but I'm picking up an 8-cell alternative. That one looks big enough to power half the sex toys in Bangkok, but puts almost another inch on the machine, not to mention the extra weight.

Nook for PC seems to be the best touch screen e-reader. And Opera 11 desktop (*please* correct me if I'm wrong) is the only browser with "fit to width" page adjustment. You can make it permanent and actually surf in portrait mode and see everything w/o that horizontal bar nonsense.

For $300, I'm happy. Had it clocked in at the original $649, and with just an hdd, I would've passed.

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-03-08 8:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The S10-3T has gotten my attention too. I've been sneaking peeks at it lately on eBay.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.214 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11