x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

GameBoy/Nintendo emulators for CE 2.00/2.11?

aab Page Icon Posted 2012-03-31 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have Palm GB on my Casio A-20, E-15 & E-100. Obviously the E-15 & E-100 with their built in gamepads are ideal for games (I was easily able to get to level 1-3 in Mario Land in minutes on the E-15/E-100, but had a nightmare of a time doing even level 1-1 on the A-20 since playing games with a keyboard is a PITA not even worth trying IMO).

Unfortunately, there are major bugs in PalmGB when used on keyboardless devices like the E-15/E-100 and I've only been able to get it to work 3 times in a year. The problem is that 95% of the time, the application buttons will launch their assigned application rather than control the game. I haven't found the cause yet, one day it works, and then 20 other attempts and it won't work and just launches the assigned applications when I press the buttons. Both my E-15 and E-100 have the problem, and they both seem to work or not in sync, almost as if it's on specific dates that the bug occurs, but that's just a theory, it might have nothing to do with the date.

Does anyone know the reason for PalmGB not responding to the buttons and how to fix it or another emulator without this bug?

Also, I clearly remember playing Nintendo games on my E-100 in high school, but still haven't been able to figure out what app I was using to do this. Does anyone know which Nintendo emulator works on the E-100? I'd much rather play color games than grayscale gameboy games on it.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2012-04-01 6:05 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Most likely because it wasn't designed for that Casio specifically, which I'm not familiar with, but the fact that it worked before is quite a conundrum. Most people would blow it off and say buy a gameboy, but we shall persevere. You would think that PalmGB would have to have something written into it that tells your device to disable it's hot keys or application keys while the emulator is running for it to work AT ALL... confusing story for sure. It's definitely compatible, it's just the matter of disabling the function element of the key whilst emulating, or finding and testing other emulators, which come few and far between in 2012.
My Buckeyes just blew it royally... Go Kentucky!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10