x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

One Laptop Per Child

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-04-06 2:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I hadn't been to the website in quite a while. I see now they are going for version 3 of the machine, a touchscreen tablet running on the Marvel Arm chip. It's pretty open for any OS, but we'll only see Linux and Android on it I'm sure.

Anyways, I surfed the OLPC website and read the reviews on the hardware...not too bad really. I mean it looks to be a better built machine than these Chinese cheapo Android tablets that I and everyone owns these days.

You can get strated reading about the new tablet here: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/01/olpc-tablet-finally-arrives/

(tablet.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tablet.jpg (134KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-04-09 10:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Sweet. Is it going to be OTPC in the future, I wonder...

"Outside, you can use it as a reflective e-ink type display" I wonder how that works...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-04-10 9:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I like it!
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2012-04-12 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

"Outside, you can use it as a reflective e-ink type display" I wonder how that works...

It's using the same PixelQi technology that the original did, where you can switch to high contrast monochrome non-backlit mode.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-04-14 10:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

isotherm - 2012-04-12 10:53 PM

It's using the same PixelQi technology that the original did, where you can switch to high contrast monochrome non-backlit mode.

Thanks isotherm, I didn't know that!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10