x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A bluetooth card.... if only it would work!

Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-08 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi guys and gals again!!

To break the latest, I am moving on to something that the problem now has arrisen. I was after a bluetooth card, so I went for a TDK card. The company I got it from quoted: "(Pocked PC drivers are in development but not released)". It was rather cheap, cost me £13.75 including delivery and took 4 weeks to get here even when it came from Manchester! (Thankfully, not delayed yet again!) Unfortuately this card has since been discontinued. .
My question, here is a photo of the card that arrived this morning (around 11:00 GMT +1 time)
[IMG}http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6184/pccard9ja.jpg[/IMG]
The problem:
Started up the MP, added the card, got a reaction, couldn't find the drivers, not on the CD, not on the web, not anywhere (and I know the device is too old to contain bluetooth support.). So what I need is someone to pass me a link for some sort of bluetooth software and some sort of CSR driver (since it is generic) for the HPC Pro platform.
For those wondering, here is some specs: http://www.tdksystems.com/products/tech.asp?ID=342 Well, simliar, my one differs being only 10m range.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-08 6:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Relying on the words "Pocket PC drivers in development" was fatal here, especially as you're posting in the H/PC Pro forum.

There are a couple of cards in the HCL, your best chance is to try one of the 2.11 drivers from there... that and be REALLY nice to cmonex.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-08 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-07-09 12:26 AM

that and be REALLY nice to cmonex.

hehehe

Wessex_nut, sorry but i'm afraid C:Amie is right, you need to buy one of the cards in the HCL that has MIPS hpc pro support..
i made the same mistake, but i was more lucky as the 720 has hpc2000 so i could hack its (existing!!) ppc drivers..
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 8:38 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2005-07-09 12:00 AM

C:Amie - 2005-07-09 12:26 AM

that and be REALLY nice to cmonex.

hehehe

Wessex_nut, sorry but i'm afraid C:Amie is right, you need to buy one of the cards in the HCL that has MIPS hpc pro support..
i made the same mistake, but i was more lucky as the 720 has hpc2000 so i could hack its (existing!!) ppc drivers..

Hack? You mean? The other problem, they haven't been released yet if they ever will be!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh you must never buy a product the drivers don't exist for yet... if they promise to write them that isn't enough. i'm sure you can find another bluetooth card with existing drivers..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10