x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Best gaming Pocket PC (with d-pad)? Finished Super Mario Land 1 & 2 on my E-15/E-100!

aab Page Icon Posted 2012-05-31 1:35 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I came across the Toshiba e750 Pocket PC that has a great design and D-Pad making it a likely good gaming device but it only has a 240x320 screen.

Does anyone know what is the most powerful Pocket PC (at least 624 mhz) to still have a D-pad, front buttons and a 480x640 screen? I also want it to support recognizing at least 3 simultaneous button presses, I remember the early iPaqs only detected one button press which ruined their gaming capabilities.

After looking on pdadb.net it seems one of the only ones would be the Dell Axim X51 series. Does anyone know if the Toshiba e750 and Dell Axim X51 detects 3 simultaneous button presses?

By the way, are there good Pocket PC specific games (not emulating another gaming system) for these models?

Lately I've been using my Casio E-15 and E-100 to play both GameBoy and Nintendo games and finished Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2 these past 2 weeks on both my E-15 and E-100 (I sometimes IR my saved game from one to the other to continue on the other one). GameBoy games run perfectly on both of these, but Nintendo games are quite sluggish even on the E-100.

Even the E-15 is far better than the original GameBoy to play GameBoy games for many reasons:
-Much more compact
-Runs on only 2 AAAs rather than 4 AAs
-Larger screen
-Built in backlight
-No need to carry each game in an external cartridge
-Ability to save/resume your games

BTW I will still probably get a PSP as recommended in another thread in the near future but I'm also looking for a Pocket PC for gaming.

Thanks

Edited by aab 2012-05-31 1:43 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9