x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

1 2 3 4 5
takwu Page Icon Posted 2012-11-19 8:46 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Another thing I find weird about 4.1, is that the Nexus 7 and the Acer Iconia A110 (the replacement for the A100 I have) both 7-inch, have this separate status bar on top and the buttons on the bottom, like a phone (and a bit too familiar to a WP7 user). This is unlike the 10-inch tablets where the buttons are always on the lower left and status on the lower right.

Did they do that because it's too tight to have both on the bottom for a 7-inch in portrait? My A100 running ICS has both on the bottom and it's fine...
 Top of the page
ExcitedJime Page Icon Posted 2012-12-26 9:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just picked one up used, for about 150 and it is simply awesome! Only downside is i had to pick up a motorola micro USB charger for it as the seller lost the original charger charger for it as the seller lost the original charger. Anyone want to let me know the part number on their original charger?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-02-16 3:40 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I just saw this post. I saw a nexus charger the other day at a Walmart. On another note, my nexus just updated to 4.2.2 can't see much of a change yet.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-04-09 10:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I got myself a 16GB Nexus 7 yesterday for Android app development. Works great.

I can't believe technology advanced this much, lol. The quad core is so powerful... The web browsing is so fast!

I think I'll use the USB OTG host cable for hosting card readers and stuff.

So much fun!

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-04-09 4:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I keep looking at them and keep looking at them, and then I look at the tablets that will run CE and wonder why I am so hesitant to commit. I mean I had an 8" MID Android tablet, and it was okay...but just enough to teach me that I really want a capacitive touchscreen.

Then I was looking at this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Witstech-A81-Cortex-7-GOOGLE-2-2-FLASH-10-1-Tablet-USA-/180690173331?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item2a11f93d93#ht_4703wt_991

And I like the idea of a user replaceable battery, and this one has the newer capacitive screen, and built in GPS and can be flashed to CE6.0. But the screen resolution is crappy compared to the Nexus 7. And the price isn't really all that different either.

I just don't know what it is I really want these days.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-04-10 6:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I'd say just try a Nexus 7, I assure you won't regret it.

The Chinese tablets always makes you disappointed somewhat in my opinion...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-04-10 7:35 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
My daughter has an Ipad2 with a groovy case-keyboard combo (bluetooth). Were I to go the 7" Nexus route, I would want the same thing--essentially making a tiny laptop, as thin as possible, etc., etc., etc.

Have any users here set up something similar?

Jake
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-04-10 12:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I haven't tried the case bluetooth keyboard, but with my 3rd gen iPad I had, regular bluetooth keyboard worked great.

The case with keyboard for Nexus 7 in the link below seems pretty good. Maybe I'll try it someday.

Nexus 7 Keyboeard Case

Edited by stingraze 2013-04-10 12:32 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-04-11 5:31 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Good form factor, that keyboard. Though weird that it has no TAB key.

Jake
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-04-12 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have been really thinking about getting this one...keyboard
I still haven't needed a keyboard for this yet...

Edited by Yoldering 2013-04-12 1:07 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-04-16 6:32 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The keyboard stingraze linked reminds me of a NBP... Kinda makes me want that setup O.o

The Yoldering one is unattractive, and makes it way too bulky.

I have seen many iPad keyboard cases, and some are quite impressive, however the whole thing is not small, similar to a netbook. Maybe they will make something nice for the iPad Mini, then it might finally pull me to the dark side
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-04-16 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

takwu - 2013-04-16 12:32 AM

The keyboard stingraze linked reminds me of a NBP... Kinda makes me want that setup O.o

The Yoldering one is unattractive, and makes it way too bulky.

I have seen many iPad keyboard cases, and some are quite impressive, however the whole thing is not small, similar to a netbook. Maybe they will make something nice for the iPad Mini, then it might finally pull me to the dark side

I have tried the keyboards that stingraze linked to and they don't work all that well on your lap, the tablet is not connected to the keyboard, it is just set in it, and there is no way do adjust the screen angle, so you have to be positioned perfectly in order to have a good viewing angle. The one I linked to has full adjust-ability, protection, and when needed, I would prefer that over looks. The other issue I have with that type of keyboard it that there is no protection for the tablet when you are using the keyboard. But at the price point, you could buy both and use each when needed...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2013-04-17 5:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

takwu - 2012-11-18 1:46 PM

Another thing I find weird about 4.1, is that the Nexus 7 and the Acer Iconia A110 (the replacement for the A100 I have) both 7-inch, have this separate status bar on top and the buttons on the bottom, like a phone (and a bit too familiar to a WP7 user). This is unlike the 10-inch tablets where the buttons are always on the lower left and status on the lower right.

Did they do that because it's too tight to have both on the bottom for a 7-inch in portrait? My A100 running ICS has both on the bottom and it's fine...

They "fixed" (depending on one's viewpoint) this in Android 4.2. Now phone, 7tabs, and 10tabs all have status bar on the top. I still liked it on bottom because the navbar buttons were on the side, not the middle. Fingers have to move more to navigate in 4.2 now..
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-04-20 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

If your nexus 7 has seemed a little laggy since the 4.2 upgrade it might be because of currents. Do this to fix.
1) First, open up the device’s app drawer.
2) Open up Google Currents.
3) In the top right corner of the application, find the three vertical dots. Tap those.
4) Select the “Settings” option.
5) Uncheck “Enable Background Sync.”
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2013-04-20 9:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Android 4.2.2 (running CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies) works great on my Mom's Nook Tablet I haxxored for her
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11