x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

1 2 3 4 5
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2012-08-04 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yoldering - 2012-08-03 7:14 PM

I just love this tablet. It just works, it is cheap, and it does everything i want it to...and that is all I have ever really wanted.

I completely agree, its a great tablet, there is nothing out there new @ $199 that can match in price and performance.

internal Hardware & OS is great, never noticed any slow down @ all & did everything i threw at excellently... Just need to get one with QC done properly is all.

Edited by thcrw739 2012-08-04 2:45 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-08-04 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I received my case today....it is really nice. Fits the nexus perfectly. Also as a plus, it has a smart cover that puts it to sleep and wakes it up when you open and close it, it is made with really nice leather, and it is only $9.99 plus shipping...
the case also has a built in stand.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2012-08-05 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Nice case, I'm still deciding what case i like best as more and more come out.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2012-08-07 12:34 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Went with this one, I have prime so i wanted one shipped to tomorrow to me, and this wasn't a terrible deal.

Got the new tablet, so far so good, UPS however threw it over the side of the patio wall just found it on the ground, butt head!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-08-08 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have not had them throw anything over a wall, however, one time I swear the guy was trying to bowl with a package of mine. Anyway, your cover looks like it is very similar to mine. The stiching looks different and yours has a pen holder. I sure do love the smart cover on mine...

Edited by Yoldering 2012-08-08 8:37 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-08 10:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I notice that both of you bought tablet cases without keyboards....any particular reason why?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2012-08-09 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2012-08-08 2:35 PM

I notice that both of you bought tablet cases without keyboards....any particular reason why?

Weight for me & possible screen damage (ever looked at the design of a keyboard case?), perhaps i can get one later for when i want that as well.....

I do like the auto on and off as well
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-08-09 1:53 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

The onscreen keyboard is great. I really haven't even thought about an external one...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-08-09 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Okay, I ordered a micro otg adapter to try out my old keyboard case with this.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2012-08-17 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Where is the review?

I am just wondering about the portablility of a 7" tablet. As I have wanted another handheld web surfer for quite some time now.

My Samsung Nexio is too old. My Samsung Focus is too small, and battery life too short to do double duty as my phone and my surfer. I am seriously considering the Galaxy Player 5.0 ... But it's hard to argue the Nexus 7 specs.

Most 7 inch tablets seem too bulky for my purpose - holding with one hand and operating with the other. In portrait if I hold it on one side it weights down too much on the other. In landscape it's no better than a 5 inch in portrait, but total weight is more. So I am still not sure about the Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2.0 7-inch.

Any comments on that?
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2012-08-17 4:24 AM
#
H/PC Elite

takwu - 2012-08-16 7:47 PM

Where is the review?

I am just wondering about the portablility of a 7" tablet. As I have wanted another handheld web surfer for quite some time now.

My Samsung Nexio is too old. My Samsung Focus is too small, and battery life too short to do double duty as my phone and my surfer. I am seriously considering the Galaxy Player 5.0 ... But it's hard to argue the Nexus 7 specs.

Most 7 inch tablets seem too bulky for my purpose - holding with one hand and operating with the other. In portrait if I hold it on one side it weights down too much on the other. In landscape it's no better than a 5 inch in portrait, but total weight is more. So I am still not sure about the Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2.0 7-inch.

Any comments on that?

I like the Viewsonic Viewpad 7. They call it a smartphone but it more.

Key Features:

•Operates with Android 2.2 OS*, 802.11b/g networking, Bluetooth and is 3G ready (Quad-band GSM)
•Supports Android Google Mobile Service Apps (GMS) for the easy access to Gmail, YouTube, Voice Search & more
•Direct access to Google Marketplace for more than 100,000 apps and games
•High-resolution 800x480 screen with a high-quality capacitative multi-touch panel
•Dual auto focus facing cameras for video chatting and capture the important moment in action
•Expandable memory option with Micro SD slot (up to 32GB)
•Features built-in G-sensor, accelerometer, and ambient light sensor
•Enhanced productivity with the Document-to-Go app to review and edit documents on the go
•Be out and about with onboard GPS/AGPS** and E-Compass and let Google Maps shows you nearby points of interests and places to go
•Enjoy eBooks, videos, photos, games and apps for full entertainment on the go
•Slim, ergonmoic and lightweight design, weighing in at 0.8 lbs. and measuring 0.45 inches thick
*does not support Adobe Flash 10.1

**GPS function requires a WiFi or 3G data signal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vpad7.htm

No complaints.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-08-17 5:23 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

takwu - 2012-08-16 7:47 PM

Any comments on that?

Yep, get a "phablet". Like the Samsung Galaxy Note: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-note-carbon/4505-6452_7-35117983.html

It's replaced my Psion Series 5 as my daily carry and NEC MP900C as my note taking machine at meetings/seminars. The Galaxy Note really is the best of both worlds, a phone and a tablet. A phablet!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2012-08-17 9:09 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Couldn't sleep and realize I mixed up "portrait" and "landscape" again... I did write this in a hurry, anyway fixed:

takwu - 2012-08-16 4:47 PM
Most 7 inch tablets seem too bulky for my purpose - holding with one hand and operating with the other. In landscape if I hold it on one side it weights down too much on the other. In portrait it's no better than a 5 inch in landscape, but total weight is more. So I am still not sure about the Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2.0 7-inch.

Ceya thanks for talking about Viewpad 7. I totally wrote that off because it was 7 inch with "only" an 800x480 resolution, but then again it's not such a big deal. I can get it locally at a good price. But the thing about it is the slow processor and not great battery life. 3G is absolutely good to have, but I didn't plan to have a second SIM for essentially a toy, and I can use my phone for when WiFi is not available. Still the remaining question is whether the 7 inch is too bulky for my purpose.

The Galaxy Note is great as your primary, but too expensive as a second device. I still prefer Windows Phone as my primary phone. Besides, the Note is still a bit awkward to hold horizontally, maybe it's a bit "too thin" for its weight, making it hard to get a good grip on.

Anyways, I still wanna know if the Nexus 7 is easy to hold horizontally with one hand, and if it weights too much for that.

BTW I have considered the Acer 7 inch tablet, and the BlackBerry Playbook as well. Both failed the one hand landscape test...

*edit* IIRC the Viewpad 7 is not compatible with Flash because the software does not support that processor (not the latest version of ARM). Another blow for that device However since Adobe has taken Flash off the Google Play Store, it's a matter of time before it disappears from all Android devices.

Edited by takwu 2012-08-17 9:16 AM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-08-17 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Tak, it is comfortable to hold either way. I would normally only hold this in landscape mode, however, it is set up perfectly for portrait. Yup no flash on this and I haven't even missed it! If I were you I would try to go see one and test it out. Or borrow one...I would hate for you to get one and it not work for you.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2012-08-18 3:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Takwu, No Problem on bringing it up.

I get very good battery life, It does support but not 10.1 as stated above.

Good videos and decent pictures.

I use it for the net, phone, google map with GPS.

Getting my email through wifi and priniting (HP printers) / speakers ( Jawbone JamBox) with bluetooth.

I can used the Docs application etc.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10