x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i am looking for a phonetic cyrillic keyboard layout for my 720. what i was able to find were commercial localization packs with 10 or 20 languages. i don't need that. i only need a simple phonetic layout. freeware if possible. ideas anyone?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 5:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you were referring to language extender.. it won't give you a package of 10-20 languages. what you get for 30-40$ is only your language localization and keyboard remapping, nothing more. ... i use the hpc pro version of it for hungarian keyboard remap (no localization, makes no sense in my opinion) and it works great. (the hpc2000 version is just crap nothing else. avoid it)

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-09 6:00 PM
 Top of the page
pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 4:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

yesterday i installed parawin and had to force hard reset - the keyboard stopped responding at all and the jornada failed to respond to any command further. lost everything i installed in the last 5 hours. then i tried again. and another hard reset followed.

then i got LEng and it's a wonderful piece of software - allows interface localization (in case you are so obsessed with that idea) and the keyboard driver is just great. except for the demo warning dialog that pops from time to time it costs $23 and i should probably buy it in order to prevent more sore experiences. there is a lite version that just adds a new layout and is supposed to be free, but i am having difficulties finding it.
 Top of the page
pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-13 4:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

gotcha! anyone interested in free application that adds cyrillic layout to hpc's should check this one http://www.hpc.ru/MacC/msd/handheld_russkey/.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9