x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Browser made!

stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-08-24 10:13 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hi all.

This is unfortunately not built for H/PC, but I built a simple browser called NoteBrowser for Android.
You can take notes while browsing the web.

It works the best under Android 4.0+.

It's free, without any ads.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tsubasakato.com.notebrowser

It's open source too. (GitHub)

If I can, I will try to make a simple browser for H/PC with eMbedded Visual Tools when I have the spare time.

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2012-08-24 10:14 AM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-24 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Stingraze, you really should try to make a browser for hpc2000. My jornada is suffering with opera 8.65 Actually, I was thinking about developing a browser compatible with OBML (Opera Binary Markup Language). I know that its a proprietary protocol, but maybe someone has broken it, or parts of it. Then we would be able to use a fast and reliable browser on our slow hpc2000 machines, using the Opera Server to render the pages.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-24 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

WOW!!! Look what I had found: http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-devices-sdk-9-6-developer-document/
It means that opera made a SDK to help develop browsers that are compatible with OBML!!!! OMG, we should use this!!!!!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-08-25 1:44 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Cool.

This is really interesting... the whole no devices left behind thing.
http://jp.opera.com/press/releases/2008/09/10/

But I was thinking of building a really simple browser first to test the basics. But I will like to use it eventually when I can get to that level. Thanks for a good info!

Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-25 3:38 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Sounds nice! Let me know when you start your hpc browser development.

Off topic: Stingraze, we should start again our "japanese lessons", it was sooo productive. So sad Im running out of time lately. But I liked to talk to you, even with my limited vocabulary.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-08-25 7:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

yes. japanese lessons will be fun. we should do it again.

I downloaded the eMbedded Visual Tools from hpcfactor, and I got the hello world project from Visual C++ 3.0 built and working on Sig 3.
So I should be able to build a primitive browser from the ground up soon. Will have to see how it goes.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-25 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Is eMbedded Visual C++ 3.0 also compatible with HPC2000? The best thing about developing a browser is to develop it to hpc2000. Sigmarion already has Opera Mini working (with isotherm great help, I managed to make it run before my sigmarion died, and the instructions are here on this forum).

Another off-topic: Do you have any SigIII available that you want to sell? I liked my sigmarion so bad, it was really sad when it died.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-08-26 1:42 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

eMbedded Visual C++ 3.0 is compatible with HPC2000.

As for Sigmarion III, I can sell but without the battery since there is restriction on shipping batteries by EMS. But I'm sure you can use the battery you have right now.

Edited by stingraze 2012-08-26 1:43 AM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-27 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

But the batteries are the most important! Actually I bricked my sigmarion because I was trying to rebuild the batteries. But the cells I bought from dealextreme were really bad quality, and after a few months they burned my sig3. I remember buying this sig3 from another hpcfactor member and, I hope Im not wrong but, I remember he sent me that via EMS. There is probably a way to send it safely. I will send you an email now and we can discuss it better.

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8