x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NES emulator for Pocket PC?

aab Page Icon Posted 2012-09-17 3:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I finally won another E-125 that works fine, but kind of to my surprise, despite it being 150 Mhz vs 131 Mhz for the E-105, the NES emulator YameCE runs faster on the E-105.

I believe this is because Windows CE 3.0 needs to enter the "CE 2.11 emulation mode" so I end up with CE 3.0 emulating CE 2.11 emulating an NES which ends up being slower despite the faster CPU.

If I'm right about this then an NES emulator made for CE 3.0 should run faster on the E-125, but the only ones I have seem to be for ARM processors. Does anyone know what NES emulator runs on CE 3.0 for MIPS processors?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-09-17 12:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I always used PocketNES on my EM-500, which was the same as the E-125 except half the RAM. Download the MIPS version here: http://web.archive.org/web/20090202132652/http://pocketnes.retrogames.com/
 Top of the page
indstr Page Icon Posted 2012-09-17 4:53 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Dude when are you gonna get a PSP?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-09-18 8:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

LOL
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2012-09-19 3:06 AM
#
H/PC Elite

If I could get a PSP under $10 I would. I'll get one eventually.

It took me quite a few tries ti figure out which of all the downloads was the right one as most of them told me they were invalid applications both on my desktop and E-125 but I finally got the right one.

Can someone tell me how that "Wayback machine" works? It sure would be handy to find old PSPC apps but I've never used it before so I wouldn't know where to start.

By the way, I remember having PocketNES and it runs almsot at full speed on the E-125, definitely faster than YameCE on the E-105, the only downside is the sound was better in YameCE.

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-09-19 3:53 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Go to archive.org, and you'll see a link in the middle of the home page. You can even drag it into the toolbar of your browser and then click on it while another Web page is showing in order to find archived older versions of that page.
 Top of the page
indstr Page Icon Posted 2012-09-21 8:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

If I could get a PSP under $10 I would. I'll get one eventually.

I understand Eventually you'll find one for under $10, may be a few more years though. I bought mine in 2005, but that was back when I had dispensable income which is rarely ever the case anymore.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.173 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10