x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

windows rt desktop

takwu Page Icon Posted 2012-10-30 6:28 PM
#
H/PC Elder

as many people did, I thought windows rt would not come with the desktop side, and now surprised it actually has one...

so Microsoft decided to include desktop in rt just for ie and office - and there is no 3rd party software that can be installed for desktop... is that true? or is there a way around it? my guess is you might have to "jail break" it as rt will not "side load" any apps outside of the store.

my point is, perhaps rt on arm is more instant-on than 8 on x86/x64 (even tho reviews say the surface takes 3 long seconds to resume). with a desktop it can be the closest thing to a new win ce.

what do you think?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-10-30 7:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm thinking we will just have to wait and see what hardware hits the market and how it works...

If someone made an ARM based laptop with RT, what would be cool is someone made a CE emulator to run on it so we could run our old HPC software...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2012-10-30 8:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It would be cool if somehow a CE to RT ARM translator could work---kinda almost like OS9 classic running on OSX. I mean, it's the same architecture..

Probably not possible though lol
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 25