x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

So I got a Treo

torch Page Icon Posted 2012-10-31 6:17 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

So, I just added a Palm Treo 755p to my device family. It's too bad the thing is like 5 years old, I like the heft of it and how it feels in the hand. The keyboard is much more usable than my Palm Pre as well. I'd been debating between this and the Centro, but overall, I think I'm happy. I now have the last Treo model ever ha. Plus it's my "official" Sprint backup phone just in case. Now I just need to get a mini SD card for it--or just get a mini to micro adapter. The edge the Centro has over this Treo is that it uses micro-SD, which almost everything I have uses..

Now I just want to figure out how to get the thing to charge on USB. I loathe special plugs, but have to make-do when necessary. I heard the Treo has a USB charge cable, but I dunno. Should probably research around first. Overall, I like the thing. Great device for its time. Has anyone ever messed with Palm's Windows Mobile range? I remember when we were all surprised 7 years ago when Palm said they were to release a phone based on Windows Mobile.. ha, how times have changed, no?

I also got Palm Desktop 6.2 setup on Windows 8. x64 Windows can't use USB hotsync, so I need to try to see if bluetooth sync works for Windows 8.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8