x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

One small step for man, one giant leap for Rich

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-11-12 9:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Need to get a new hat because my head is so swollen....

I've become decently familiar with Windows 8, and just told myself, that if I can learn that, why not Windows 7?

So I did it...I installed Win7 Pro on my laptop. Simple and intuitive...even an idiot can do it...meaning me!

And I was surprised to discover that the desktop is identical to the desktop in Windows 8...or nearly so. So what was the big deal? Duh...sometimes I'm such a dunce...now I guess I can spend some time farily evaluating the two of them and see which I prefer...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 5:26 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Yeah, I finally got a netbook this year that came with Win7 Premium. I've enjoyed it and even did a scary repartitioning on an SSD drive. Win7 did it without a hitch and their walk-through was great.

Jake
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 3:08 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich, in Win7 you can also change the theme to Windows Classic which makes it look exactly like XP...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 3:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yeah, I did that for my father-in-law...the problem is if I do that for myself, then I'll never learn how to navigate and use the tools in the standard Win7 fashion. No fun when someone comes to you for help and you can't provide it without looking like a complete idiot.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 7:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Okay, went one step further....just purchased brand new Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Quite a face lift from the old Office XP 2002 I've been using. I know it isn't the newest version out there..but it is new still sealed in original packaging and it was only $35. Got it from my local Staples store where it had been collecting dust for the past few years in a display case.

Anyways...while I'm not sure it does anything more than my old Office XP, it is prettier to look at. And I installed it on the laptop with Win7 without any problems.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 7:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Blimey Rich, you'll get a reputation if your not careful. What's next? zune lol
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8