x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A stylus for your non touch screen devices

aab Page Icon Posted 2012-11-17 5:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I always found a pen infinately more user friendly and easier to use than awkward mice, so for years I used a Wacom pen tablet as the mouse for my PC. However they must be used over a tablet that much be connected to your PC and the pen is sensitive to falls, fragile and very expensive to replace.

At the computer store the other day I came accross a new kind of pen that doesn't require a tablet and is fully wireless, it'ws basically a pen shaped optical mouse, I've been using it for over a week now and really like it, my only complaint is that it shuts down completely after only 2 minutes of inactivity and motion will not turn it back on, you much click one of the 3 mouse buttons on it to wake it up, and it will then take 2 seconds to begin responding again.

It doesn't have a scroll wheel, but has a scroll button that is even better than a scroll wheel, simply press down the scroll button, and the pen motions will now scroll up and down and left to right rather than move the cursor, so you can instantly switch from moving the cursor to scrolling.

Here's the company page, best of all it was only $30 (just a replacement pen for a Wacom tablet can be 2-4 times that, excluding the cost of the tablet):

http://www.geniusnet.com/wSite/ct?xItem=47513&ctNode=105

So if you're used to your handheld's pen and want an almost as user friendly pointing device for your touchscreen-less computers this is an awesome device.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.175 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8