x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP780 Unwanted accesssiblity feature....... Sticky keys!!!!

Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 4:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Heres something I have been meaning to ask for a long time, my MP has a little odd problem, every time I try to press a key, it seems to be a little sticky. It started with the "K" key, moved to the east of the keyboard with the "L" key, after some 3 weeks of hell with the "L" key, its now moved to the ">" key.
I gather this means the keyboard needs..... cleaning! (I dread to think what there is in the keyboard.) If I want to take the key off, how do I do it? When I did this on my laptop, I buggered up the "V" key, not wise! Do these keyboards use the "scissor action" spring or are they just small plug in keys on a membrane base?

I'd appreciate any help, and no, I am not talking about the REAL program, but a program my HPC decided to add recently, probably something got stuck under the key, causing the unwanted accessiblity feature!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 7:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

They use the scissor action connectors, but the keys just pop off easily enough...but as you know, you have to be tender with them. Of course, under the key covers is a little plunger that pushes down on a membrane/contact type pcb.

Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 8:17 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2005-07-11 12:19 PM

They use the scissor action connectors, but the keys just pop off easily enough...but as you know, you have to be tender with them. Of course, under the key covers is a little plunger that pushes down on a membrane/contact type pcb.

Awww man, just my luck!!! How does one recommend taking a key off without damaging anything?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 1:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Just lift up the key cover with the flat portion of a knife and pop it off.... center it and push down until it clicks to put it back.

(keycap.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments keycap.jpg (28KB - 12 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.152 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29