x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Best handheld for watching vcd's...

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I am looking for a handheld to do the typical word, spreadhsheet things but also want to be able to watch vcd's. Do any of you ever watch movies on yours? Can you please give me some idea of which one to buy?

Thanks
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Also, what does watching a full length, 2 hour vcd on a handheld do to battery life? Would I be better off picking up a portable DVD player? It would be nice if I could do life with only the one device though - would only have to worry about one recharger, one case, set of cables, etc. I will be using it at least once a week to watch vcd's but really high quality is not so important. I don't know enough about these things to know what questions to ask.

Edited by pengyou 2005-07-11 12:03 PM
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

From the betaplayer TCPMP website, you can have a look at what devices work best for video files. I believe for HPC's its the Sigmarillion3.

Have a look at www.pocketdvd.ca (my app) to get more information about the process.
I watch movies on both my ipaq 2210 ppc and my jornada720, and both can play about 4 hours of movies with some slight brightness adjustments.

However, you do need plenty of storage space to carry around a couple of movies, and the quality/screensize are also limited due to processor speed.

You can get very good results on an All-Round device, but nothing beats a portable dvd player itself. (no conversion needed, pure dvd quality, possibility to hook it up to a tv etc etc)

Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-12 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I share PocketDVD's opinion, there's no substitute for a real DVD player other than a real DVD player. About handhelds, the only ones really worth for watching DVD's are the ones that have TFT screens (Intermec 6651, and i think Sigmarion 3)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 30