x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Happy holidays and all that jazz..

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2013-01-06 3:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

So. Life goes by pretty fast.

A Samsung Nexus Android phone and BB Playbook are my new HPCs of choice. $40/mo. for unlimited data, NA long distance, texts and VM. Add a decent kilogram weight Asus netbook with Win 7 / 2gb / 500gb and all my significant bases are covered. Add $8 for Netflix and my video entertainment needs are met.

It's been several years of waiting on my part for all the right tech pieces to become available but my dream of 2kg. total weight of gear has arrived.

Gone is my home phone, home internet, handheld Garmin GPS, MP3 player, 14mp Kodak digicam, myriad laptop/desktop machines and boxes of stuff collecting dust.

The hPCs were a lot of fun and started me down the path of mobile computing. Without them I would likely still be tied to lots of clunky crap.

Seems every couple years the hpc bug would bite me and I'd buy more hpc stuff mainly for nostalgia instead of functionality and soon get discouraged for one reason or another and park the hpcs only to repeat the cycle again.

I'm pretty sure since getting my new kit my hpc days are truly over. Hey, a new door opens for each one that closes.

I'll probably say hi every year or so and wish everyone here all the best.

If there was any unfinished business affecting me then message me tho I cannot think of any.

Edited by wallythacker 2013-01-06 3:41 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-01-06 5:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Meanwhile, I'm going in the opposite direction - more and more CE toys (though admittedly I've been focusing my attention on CE 5 and newer devices).

Nice to hear from you again, wally.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-01-06 1:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Nostalgia and hobby...yes, I agree. Functional practicality...not in this day and age. But to give up HPCs forever....I don't know, it's kinda like genital herpes...it keeps coming back...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-01-06 6:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not exactly the analogy I was looking for, Rich.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 19