x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Might try Windows 8 out.

1 2 3
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-02-14 9:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

CE Geek - 2013-02-14 3:27 PM

That is too cool, stingraze - though BOCHS still looks pretty slow even on a new Android device. Do the videos' original pages say anything about what version(s) of Android are running on those devices?

Thanks, CE Geek. I'm not really sure about the versions, but I used Limbo PC Emulator to successfully emulate DSL (Linux) on my Sony Tablet P running Android 4.0. I emulated Pentium 3.

Android 2.2 or above is the requirement for Limbo PC Emulator, which you can download here
I've attached a picture of DSL running here, and visit my blog for more photos.

What I thought about is where is the iso for Windows CE x86? then I can make my Sony Tablet P a CE device (emulated).

Edited by stingraze 2013-02-14 10:00 AM

(dsl-on-sonytablet-p.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dsl-on-sonytablet-p.jpg (92KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-02-15 5:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Good to hear it's supported on older Android versions. I've been thinking about buying a 2.3 device, like that CrystalView netbook-to-tablet device, just to play with. Could be fun running older versions of Windows on it. Looks like you have to register with the site you linked before downloading though.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-02-15 11:40 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

CrystalView might be cool if you're looking for H/PC replacement, but as an Android device looking to use Limbo or other softwares to run Windows ? Hm... I don't know. From what I checked, seems like those ClearView netbook/tablet has only 256MB of RAM, which is good by H/PC standard, but very low from an Android standpoint.

I personally recommend getting a Sony Tablet P if you don't mind having a screen-keyboard on the bottom. The keyboard can become a screen too. It has 1GB of RAM with 1Ghz Tegra 2 processor.

You can get the Sony Tablet P for $199.99 or so from eBay easily.

BUT if you want a real keyboard, I think ClearView netbook is a good choice. Another idea is to use a bluetooth keyboard with Sony Tablet P if you don't like screen keyboard.

Just my two cents. -stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2013-02-15 11:42 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-02-15 12:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2013-02-14 4:59 AM

There is a CESD with Windows CE BOCHS binaries in it. Also see http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=108

Thank you for the info. Maybe I will try it out on my Sigmarion 3! Maybe there will be a Linux working on the Sigmarion 3 (emulated) after all...

Edited by stingraze 2013-02-15 12:24 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-02-16 9:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-02-16 12:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Thank you. I think I will convert VHD to an ISO and try it on my Sony Tablet P. It will be tomorrow at the fastest.

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 4:15 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I did some quite tiring tricks to convert vhd to iso to boot the error of H/PC 2000 (Windows)

Well at least it's a first step. lol

Error is 0xc000000f .

It also says The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. I think the hard drive might be missing in Limbo, not quite sure...

Edited by stingraze 2013-02-21 4:24 PM

(IMG_0015.JPG)

(IMG_0011.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0015.JPG (80KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0011.JPG (84KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.185 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10