x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Winter storm Nemo

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-08 5:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, it snowed last night. A couple of days ago the temperature was -7F (-21C) for you metric people. But we had no snow whatsoever. The storm moved in and dumped about a foot of snow on us here in central Michigan...but it is much warmer outside today...28F. So it is not so bad. But I looked outside my door and what do I see? Hmmmm....

(penguin.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments penguin.jpg (148KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-02-08 7:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago, and the temp never got higher than -2C (28F), even though the sun was out part of the time. No snow (or any other type of precipitation) though. Big adjustment for me nonetheless, since it was pushing 80F (26C) in the Los Angeles area when I left. (We did have a cold snap a couple of weeks before that when it never reached 50F [10C] locally one day. I know that sounds downright warm to you, Rich. )
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-02-08 8:22 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah it's been in the 70-80's for a while now. shorts and flipflops on today.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-08 8:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm not complaining mind you...I lived for years in Fairbanks, AK where it was really cold...but I'm getting older now and appreciate warm weather...once my mama passes on I'm moving south and not looking back....
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-02-08 9:05 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I thought you already had for some reason...you still going to move to the Gulf Coast?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-08 10:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You betcha....just a matter of time...Somewhere between Long Beach, MS and Pensacola, FL...and I'm thinking more towards Florida, depending on where the cheapest cost of living is for both food and gas...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-02-09 3:43 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

You should look at the Foley Alabama/Gulf Shores/Ect... area. It's about 40 minutes from Pensacola. I have considered moving there myself.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-02-09 8:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What you guys are seeing on the ESB makes us look positively pathetic. We're expecting a couple of cm on Sunday and I promise I'll arrive significnatly late at work on Monday. People in NY actually have a proper excuse on Monday, 100cm of snow!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.170 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 32