x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Psion Series 7 - file compatibility w/Office

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 6:49 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm considering a Series 7, and I'm wondering about compatibility with MS Office files. I'm not very familiar with EPOC, and want to make sure that I'll be able to create or modify files on the Psion and then open them in Office on the PC (and vice versa). Anyone familiar with this?
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Looks like a nice machine with a loyal following (back when I was looking at a Psion Netbook Pro). I never got a EPOC version myself, but maybe http://www.ericlindsay.com/epoc/sisync5.htm can help. The Neuron site looks like it'll lead to nConvert in an uncrippled shareware version. My quick scan didn't see a registration unlock code, but it may be there (per the developer's comments). Good luck.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 1:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
That's right. nConvert to go from Psion Word fomat to RTF format. Or set up the PsiWin deskware to sync Outlook, etc., and it will also convert Psion Word to Word 97 without the go-between need for RTF. On the other hand, nConvert work on the Psion, so good for emailing docs, etc.

I've heard that PsiWin plays nice with Windows 7. It worked with XP Pro SP3 when I was using Psions.

Psion Word, by the way, is fantastic. As is its Agenda and Database.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10