x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Got a new Laptop today

Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-03-31 6:56 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I was looking for an inexpensive laptop with a BIG screen... I found a great deal on a Dell Studio 1737. I quickly dumped the Windows Vista and installed Windows 7 because I have become fond of it, and also installed Linux Mint... The reason I have shared this with you is because of the amazing price I paid... I got it for $68! Of course I had a credit of $50, but even then, it is a wonderful deal. This laptop goes for almost $400 on Amazon. This also has a 6 month warrranty!
Product Features
2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 Processor
4GB Memory
500GB Hard Drive, DVD±R/RW Disk Drive
17" Display, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 Graphics

I just wanted to brag a bit...!

The only issue is I will have to replace the original keyboard because it is missing the L key. I priced it out and it will be about $10. So still a great deal!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-03-31 8:15 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Well, you can't beat that.

For the family desktop, I've always gone with Dell--they used to be delivery-only and I needed that when living abroad with an APO mailing address. I have a four-year-old Latitude E5500 and things have gone well with it.

It's a boring computer, though. It's like your dull neighbor; when you're gone (out with more interesting computers), it'll check your mail and feed the cat; but you never feel close.

My DVD R/W is junk, I don't know if yours is. I use a Bose Acoustic Wave as the house's main sound system and the Dell-burned CDs often won't play. So I have to use an external burner. DVD movies have been burned okay.

Jake
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-03-31 12:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Nice find!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-03-31 1:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I have a Toshiba 17" laptop and it is okay...but it is nothing compared in quality to my old Inspiron 1500. Dell knows how to build quality machines in my opinion. Or at least they used to. Anyways, I love my Dell, I tolerate my Toshiba, I sold all my HPs...and good riddance to them.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2013-04-04 1:14 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I got the new keyboard today and had it installed in less than 10 minutes (literally) The keyboard was about $10. Very happy!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9