x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Resignation...but a new door?

1 2
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for your help!
 Top of the page
utopic Page Icon Posted 2005-09-10 4:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello. I have managed to connect my 620LX to the internet using 4 mobile phones: Nokia 6310i, Nokia 7650, Nokia 6600 and Orange SPV C500. On the last 2 models, it worked flawlessly, on the first 2, there were some disconnections, but I don't have the time to test them thoroughly, it may also work fine with those.

The config for the test was:
fresh win ce 2.0
win ce 2.0 sp1
network sp
generic ir modem driver (com 3)

All patches/updates/drivers were downloaded from HPC Factor.

The number for dial up connection to the phone modem was *99# (you may have to use *99***1# depending on the phone model).

I had to create a new dialing location and remove the standard dialing rules so that it would only dial the number and not some other prefixes.

That's about it... internet through GPRS at your fingertips

Now, if I could only get my hands on that Nokia Mobile Office Card... maybe it would work on my 620lx...

BTW, if you have ane questions, please be patient, it may take me a while to respond.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-10 5:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thank-you, I've added your bits to the HCL.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-10 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

utopic - 2005-09-10 10:48 PM

The number for dial up connection to the phone modem was *99# (you may have to use *99***1# depending on the phone model).
That's about it... internet through GPRS at your fingertips

yeah, ericsson phones like the longer version more

that's about it? i doubt it, i've never been able to get GPRS working on a CE 2.0 unit but that could be my T39. but it works on hpc2000+ce.net fine... some other tweak could be needed for 2.0 with it.

again, i have not tried it with hpc pro, only 2.0, hpc2000 and ce.net....

Edited by cmonex 2005-09-10 5:15 PM
 Top of the page
utopic Page Icon Posted 2005-09-11 2:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

well, comonex, it works for me. unfortunately, it keeps disconnecting on the 7650 after a few seconds - I still haven't found enough time to do some additional testing. However, I hope that tomorow I'll get my hands on that Nokia Mobile Office Card - it has GPRS & WiFi , but I pretty much doubt it it will work out of the box. Any ideas on where to find drivers for WinCE 2.0 are more than wellcomed.

Today I've tested with the multimeter all the connections for the HP 620's dock and I've come to the conclusion that the dock is fine - so there must be something wrong with the hpc, as I can't connect or recharge the hpc through the dock... great!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-11 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

utopic - 2005-09-11 8:19 PM

well, comonex, it works for me. unfortunately, it keeps disconnecting on the 7650 after a few seconds - I still haven't found enough time to do some additional testing. However, I hope that tomorow I'll get my hands on that Nokia Mobile Office Card - it has GPRS & WiFi , but I pretty much doubt it it will work out of the box. Any ideas on where to find drivers for WinCE 2.0 are more than wellcomed.

Today I've tested with the multimeter all the connections for the HP 620's dock and I've come to the conclusion that the dock is fine - so there must be something wrong with the hpc, as I can't connect or recharge the hpc through the dock... great!

ok... you're lucky

620LX... can it recharge without the dock?

if not i'd recommend an external universal li-ion charger. works with every li-ion battery in theory... just check the right voltage, polarity etc...
 Top of the page
utopic Page Icon Posted 2005-09-12 1:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Now, I can recharge it by plugging the charger directly in the HPC, but I would have loked to use the dock...
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 9:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

utopic - 2005-09-12 7:32 PM

Now, I can recharge it by plugging the charger directly in the HPC, but I would have loked to use the dock...

Oh well. my dock has gone, too. connecting doesnt work, but charging still works.

marco
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 31