x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IRDA on SIMpad SL4 running CE.NET 4.1

1 2
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Now I am trying to find the LED part for the IrDA port. I think the hpc2k drivers may not be doing comprehensive initialization check on the port itself, hence it shows up to the system, but is not usable. For the CE.NET 4.1 image, the receive option is totally greyed out in windows explorer, so I think the drivers failed on loadup time.

Hopefully its just the LED and not the controller that is dead. btw, anyone know who is controlling the LED itself? Is it the SA1100 chip?
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 12:15 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Snappy,

I discovered that there's an upgrade to Internet Explorer 5.0 on the SIMpad SL4 cd under the "extras" folder. You could try it out and see how bad it is compared to the IE 5.5 in Windows CE 4.1.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Tombraider - 2005-07-16 10:15 AM

Snappy,

I discovered that there's an upgrade to Internet Explorer 5.0 on the SIMpad SL4 cd under the "extras" folder. You could try it out and see how bad it is compared to the IE 5.5 in Windows CE 4.1.

oh gee ... I never once opened up that CD! ... I'll take a look later and see what's the diff inside. well ... for sure, IE5.0 is *better* than 4.01!

If IE5.0 has javascript support, then its worth the while already ... ie, hpc2k is prob good enough for me!

Will update everyone on this, but maybe on another thread, featuring IE5.0 on hpc2k. Does it mean it may be possible to install ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 3:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-07-16 7:46 PM

Tombraider - 2005-07-16 10:15 AM

Snappy,

oh gee ... I never once opened up that CD! ... I'll take a look later and see what's the diff inside. well ... for sure, IE5.0 is *better* than 4.01!

If IE5.0 has javascript support, then its worth the while already ... ie, hpc2k is prob good enough for me!

Will update everyone on this, but maybe on another thread, featuring IE5.0 on hpc2k. Does it mean it may be possible to install ...

wow if you managed to install it, just tell everyone..
bad news are that it really *sucks* according to other users. even ie 4.01 is better. won't load pages that IE4.01 handles easily. but i still would like to try it
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 6:45 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Uh, oh, I just took another look at that IE 5.0 on the CD and I think it is for Windows desktop....ugh. Major disappointment. I didn't execute the setup file but it looks like it's for desktop Windows from the readme file.

I think I'll just go and hide under a rock now.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10