x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dell XPS 10 tablet Windows RT

1 2
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-06-29 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Here's a interesting thing, it wants you to make a back up media just like big windows before you do anything drastic, like this upgrade for instance, and there is a deletable recovery partition just like a big pc has these day's..

Not sure what happens if you loose both & need to re-install RT
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-07-01 12:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ok... so I bought the Surface RT and typing this on the "touch cover" that was free until today. Yes it's an expensive tablet, but it's also a cheap PC. I suppose the Japanese discount roughly equates the free cover offer here. I will start a new thread on more of the machine.

If you install Windows 8.1 preview on it, will you lose Office 2013? I just hope whatever upgrade Microsoft will offer for this will not remove any existing software such as Office.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-07-01 12:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You will not loose office & You will gain outlook 2013 and improved function of the os.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-07-01 7:40 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

takwu - 2013-07-01 9:10 AM

ok... so I bought the Surface RT and typing this on the "touch cover" that was free until today. Yes it's an expensive tablet, but it's also a cheap PC. I suppose the Japanese discount roughly equates the free cover offer here. I will start a new thread on more of the machine.

If you install Windows 8.1 preview on it, will you lose Office 2013? I just hope whatever upgrade Microsoft will offer for this will not remove any existing software such as Office.

You're right about it equating to free cover / keyboard.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10