x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Has anyone tried running x86 apps on Windows RT?

stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-07-25 6:37 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Has anyone tried running x86 apps on Windows RT using Win86emu?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36622756#post36622756

My dad recently got a Lavie Y Windows RT pretty cheap, and I'm borrowing it from him during the weekdays when he doesn't use. The Win86emu seems pretty cool, but I've been wondering if somebody here tried it.

Edited by stingraze 2013-07-25 6:44 AM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-07-26 2:00 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I haven't, but as soon as i get my replacement... (my xps 10 crapped out) i'll try it... Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by thcrw739 2013-07-26 2:01 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-07-27 3:28 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Good to hear! I'd like to try out soon if it's not too hard.

Edited by stingraze 2013-07-27 3:28 AM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-08-01 10:51 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Got my new one, & i guess since it took so long and they made a error which delayed it they included the keyboard dock as a upgrade..So this x86 thing should be made more simple with that added... will post back after i try it out. It seems they also upgraded me to the 64gb version as well did have a 32gb

Edited by thcrw739 2013-08-01 11:49 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-08-02 1:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Cool, about the upgrades, esp. 64GB!
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-08-08 11:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

well guess what?

I was just about to get around to trying this out when the keyboard dock started to malfunction.

Now Apparently i have to send the tablet and dock in for repair just in case its the connector on the tablet and not the keyboard..

I might actually get to use it more than a week one of these days.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2013-08-17 5:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cool... I don't want to hack my surface, although it sounds like a simple and safe hack. maybe they should make it easier to use, like make the hack available as an addon to any arm program so they don't have to be launched separately. the ability to launch x86 programs sounds great, but I cant really think of a practical use for it yet :-D

too bad to hear your xps problems, but it sounds like dell is trying hard to take care of it. tech news are saying dell isn't doing well if people are switching from pc to tablets, and they don't have many popular tablets. they should really invest more in this market like other pc makers such as Sony and Lenovo.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-08-17 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yeah i'm still waiting for a working device.

I sent it in for repair they sent it back doing the same thing it was doing prior to repair & what it says they did on the peice of paper in the box tottally differs from what tech support said they did to it, someone is full of it!

As of now they are sending me Yet another replacement .

It's been nearly 2 months, they wouldn't let me return it since its way past the 21 day period even though im not at fault, even after talking to managers, and they wont give me a new one either that might actually be working correctly... Needless to say after all this... and some other horrible dell products purchased over the last few years.. we decided to pay off & close our dpa account and never order from dell again, instead of letting their bank accumulate interest on POS products.

so 3 units, one supposed repair..still nothing.

I know it's OT but i had to rant...

On the subject though, i will eventually try it when i get a working one for any decent period of time.

Edited by thcrw739 2013-08-17 6:07 PM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-08-21 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

This is rich.

They canceled my exchange & reissued it with out telling me first, because someone made a mistake on the paperwork.

I had to find out myself by checking the status then call and then call

This happened before because one of the exchange tablet's they sent me was damaged on arrival and they told me to send it back, and they should have told me to send back the original which caused a cancellation & delay.

Fun, Fun, Fun
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9