x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

extracting cab files from .exe host install (without activesync)

Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2013-08-30 7:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm trying to get the hpcfactor pocket onschedule update onto my netbook pro, but it is a host installable exe. In the days of activesync and win xp i remember you could open the exe with activesync and find the cab file in the system directory somewhere and copy it across to the netbook for local a cab install (as I didnt have the cable to connect netbook to pc). But now, running win 7, i cant even install activesync. Is there still a way to get the cab files out of the exe file without activesync installed?

Or perhaps someone just has the cab file for the pocket onschedule update sitting around they can link to?

Cheers

JT
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-08-31 12:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Most programs decompress and copy the cab files to the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync" folder. Even though Activesync isn't installed, it should still copy the cab files there...

Or you can certainly create the folder manually yourself if you get some type of "folder not found" error.
 Top of the page
Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2013-09-03 9:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the installer wont even run as it gives an error message saying I need activesync installed (which I cant do due to Win 7)...

Any other ways? Or does someone have the cab file lying around?

Justin
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-09-03 9:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12