x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Normal for Sharp Mobilon 4600 to require hard reset after changing the main battery?

aab Page Icon Posted 2013-09-23 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I modded my defective grayscale Mobilon's AA battery holder to work on my color Mobilon 4600. However my 4600 has an issue that makes this useless: Anytime the main battery is removed and re-installed (whether the original rechargeable pack which still works or my AA holder mod), the Mobilon refuses to turn on until I remove the main and backup batteries to do a hard reset.

For others that have a color Mobilon, does yours behave this way as well?

If I need to hard reset the Mobilon each time I remove the batteries to charge them this won't be very useful, though I can probably further mod the AA holder so that it can charge the AAs in the Mobilon, but I'd rather be able to remove them to charge.

Thanks
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2013-09-23 1:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I suspected the backup battery was weak causing corrupted memory when removing the main battery, even though Windows reported the backup battery as good, it was an old used one. I put in a fresh backup battery and I can now remove the AA holder to charge them without having to hard reset!

Finally I have a color HPC that runs on AAs!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 12