x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cruising Page Icon Posted 2013-09-28 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello!
sorry for all my topics XD but i trying to fix my Jornada to fit my needs.

I use a pcmcia wireless Lucent card, i do have acces to internet via my home router, BUT... i also trying to connect via WiFi hotspot on my Samsung SIII.
I get full pot on connection in my tray icon (jornada), but i still cant access the internet, i also see when i disconnect my phones WiFi hotspot i also see the tray icon goes red again...
so there must mean that my jornada do have a connection to the phone but can not go further out on internet? but still the phone says that no one is connectet to the phone :S

The WiFi hotspot is "open for all" on the phone and is connectet to the router or mobile internet and can acces the web.

Anyone know why it not working?

Edited by cruising 2013-09-28 7:11 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-09-29 11:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
cruising Page Icon Posted 2013-09-29 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

There is no wrong with my settings in my roater/jornada when i can access internet via my roater, so my card is fully compatible with these setting that way. So there must be something on my phone that reject my Jornada to access the internet....i guess?

On the phone i have set the connection to "open" = no password to connect to it, so my guess is that WIN CE 3.0 cant access internet that is sent by a android? WiFi hotspot is only a "access point" like a wireless souter, so i dont know whats wrong.

EDIT:

As when i use my roater and check "Info" on cambridge vxUtil i see i have:
IP adress
Subnet Mask
Deafault Gateway
Primary DNS
DCHP Server
= access to internet! (checked by go online)

And i also get this when i use my phone Hotspot WiFi to connect to internet.
= none access to internet! (checked by go online)

So i cant understand this

I do have access with my laptop with the same settings i use when i dont have access with my jornada.
And i also see in my phone that my laptop is connected to the phone, but my jornada isnt. so it must be there the problem is. but still wierd i getting IP etc anyways from my phone to my Jornada

Edited by cruising 2013-09-29 3:50 PM
 Top of the page
cruising Page Icon Posted 2013-09-29 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

After days i have finaly (i think) fixed this by using pocketWiNc to connect to the phones WiFi Hotspot.

So if anyone else has same trouble, use PocketWiNc and try connect from there instead!

The End

Edited by cruising 2013-09-29 5:24 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-09-29 6:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Congratulations on resolving your problem. It must be a phone thing. My brother-in-law has a Samsung Galaxy II Android phone...and the OS was dummied down by Cellular South...so turning the phone into a hotspot was not part of the native OS build for his phone with this particular carrier.

But he added a utility called FoxFi that lets several devices use it as a portable hotspot.

With it I was able to surf the web from his boat out in the Gulf of Mexico...30 miles out using my Mobilepro 780 (CE 2.11) and another time using my Skepad SL (CE.NET 4.2), both using standard wifi cards without encryption.

So I don't think it is an hpc OS thing...more likely it is a phone software thing as you said...
 Top of the page
cruising Page Icon Posted 2013-09-29 8:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley - 2013-09-29 6:34 PM

Congratulations on resolving your problem. It must be a phone thing. My brother-in-law has a Samsung Galaxy II Android phone...and the OS was dummied down by Cellular South...so turning the phone into a hotspot was not part of the native OS build for his phone with this particular carrier.

But he added a utility called FoxFi that lets several devices use it as a portable hotspot.

With it I was able to surf the web from his boat out in the Gulf of Mexico...30 miles out using my Mobilepro 780 (CE 2.11) and another time using my Skepad SL (CE.NET 4.2), both using standard wifi cards without encryption.

So I don't think it is an hpc OS thing...more likely it is a phone software thing as you said...

Thankyou I guess more that it was the build in network connection software that couldt establish a connection to the phone when pocketWiNc easy could do it, because i still has the same settings as i had when i tried to connect with the already build in software.

Nice that he found that FoxFi program, not bad att all to be able to connect!. In SIII there is already a build in hotspot that i can use.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11