x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Infrared between Jornada and HP iPAQ rw6815

RJP Page Icon Posted 2013-10-12 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

iv´e bought a HP Jornada 680 and try to copy files to it. It´s a used HPC without sync cable. So i tried to send files from my HP Ipaq rw6815 to my Jornada 680 using infrared...But it don´t works. The HP iPAQ Shows "error". But I Need to copy files to the Jornada. Has anybody an idea? How do you copy files to your Jornada? Thanks for help

Nice weekend.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-10-12 11:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The best way is probably to install Total Commander on both the Jornada and the iPAQ and use it on both devices to transfer the files:

http://www.ghisler.com/ce.htm
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-13 12:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I don't think the rw6815 uses the irsquirt protocol...like the older CE devices. You might try Conduits Peacemaker or Bitbanks IRDash software on either of the devices to allow the protocols to match...
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-10-13 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2013-10-13 3:16 AM

I don't think the rw6815 uses the irsquirt protocol...like the older CE devices.

My question: is OBEX an alternative to irsquirt or it is the different thing at all?

Total Commander uses OBEX for both sending and receiving, so does RW6815. He just need to use Total Commander on Jornada and select File->Receive.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-10-13 3:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

IrOBEX or Infrared Object Exchange was a standard protocol, IrSquirt was a protocol that Microsoft made up for reasons I assume to be related to IrOBEX not being ratified at the time CE 1 was release. However it was ratified for CE 2, yet Microsoft kept IrSquirt in for backwards compatibility and didn't write IrOBEX in for quite some time.
 Top of the page
RJP Page Icon Posted 2013-10-13 5:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the fast reply. Yesterday, I found my old Yakumo Delta300GPS with Windows Mobile2003SE. In 5 of 10 times it worked with the Infrared between Jornada and Delta300GPS. New OSes (WinMobile5), new infrared Protocols? At this Point, i have another question: I want to buy a compact flash Card for the jornada. Does the jornada supports 32mb cf Cards, or more?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-10-13 5:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
RJP Page Icon Posted 2013-10-13 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, thank you :-)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum: