x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Would someone mind ordering this NEC MobilePro 900 and reship it to me?

1 2
aab Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 9:29 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I bought 2 MobilePro 900s before and both had issues making them completely unusable. I saw these new sealed MP 900s on eBay but they only ship to USA and I'm in Canada:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310777668683&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

Would someone mind buying one for me and reship it to me if I pay for it plus both shipping costs?

There are 3 available (please leave one for me! I've been looking for one for years and them being new is a huge plus).

Please reply ASAP as I don't want to miss this opportunity, if anyone is willing to buy it for me before I pay (I've delt with a few forum members before) I promise I will pay you for it plus both shipping fees, but I require that it be shipped to me by USPS (UPS and Fedex charge absurdly high brokerage fees upon delivery for international deliveries). If anyone does buy it for me please reply here to say so before buying to ensure we don't end up with multiple people buying one for me! Also read all replies to see if anyone already bought one for me.

Thanks

Edited by aab 2013-10-25 9:33 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 12:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

PM Sent Ordered and paid for...
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 2:57 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Nice find, aab!

As a fellow Canadian, I share your eBay shipping pain. Nice to have friends in the US. Ummm, Rich, I saw this refrigerator online.... think you could re-ship it to me?

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 5:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sure, no problem Mobi...by the way, my commission is based on weight...
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2013-10-25 8:04 PM

by the way, my commission is based on weight...

Seems legit.
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 7:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2013-10-25 12:04 PM

Sure, no problem Mobi...by the way, my commission is based on weight...

Now, is this fridge filled with beer?

Rick
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 8:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I don't drink beer Rich...wine yes! Beer...no. Nothing like a cooled bottle of Blue Nun... (hey I get more for my money if I buy cheap)
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks Rich! PM'ed you back. I've been wanting a new MP900 for a long time, it wasn't fun having bought 2 that were all but unusable (on one the touchscreen didn't work, on the other it performed a reset when left unused for any short period of time).

These being new almost ensure they will work properly and be in perfect condition.

I have a MP790 now but I don't really like it, it's flimsy compared to the MP900 and mine isn't in the best condition to start with.

Thanks again
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 10:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

They are flimsy...but I actually love the 790 more than the 900 myself. I have an 880 with a 790 chip in it which is great. Then I have a 780 which is okay, but would rather have a 790.

Still I do like the quality of the 900 build much better than the flimsy thin platic build of the 7X0 series.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2013-10-26 10:46 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Wow they're already all sold, anyone else from here buy one<question mark> (the button's broken)

Thanks for acting fast Rich or I might have missed all 3!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-26 2:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

What aab? I don't understand...too bad you missed out on the Mobilepro purchase.

By the way...I just happen to have a brand new one in the box I'd sell you for $32 zillion bucks....he he he....
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 10:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The Internet of Geeks is a small world indeed- I bought the other two. I'd feel kind of bad about snapping them up, but they're going to a good home, and will be loved. I had a Jornada 720 10 years ago (wow, that makes me feel old), and have tinkered with other PDAs and mobile devices. Now I see a business application and real place in my workflow for a device like this, and will be dusting off the old versions of Visual Studio to build a few applications. It just so happens that I've been doing practically nothing with my time but coding in the .NET framework for the last month, so I think that I can build something that will suit my needs.

The other one is for my girlfriend, who's in grad school and could use something light with serious battery life and a great keyboard to take notes on. The lab that she's in would really benefit from a deployment of low-cost devices for data collection, so I may also slap together a few applications to that end.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 11:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Cool clonardo, if you create any nifty applications, be sure to share them with us software starved non-programmers.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 12:25 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I thought about getting one, but the physical specs of the 900s strike me as less portable than those of a J-720. The keyboard looks wonderful, however.

Also, new or not, those batteries are old, and a brief search through ebay didn't turn up any new non-OEM replacements.

Jake
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 12:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Jake - 2013-10-27 7:25 AM

I thought about getting one, but the physical specs of the 900s strike me as less portable than those of a J-720. The keyboard looks wonderful, however.

Also, new or not, those batteries are old, and a brief search through ebay didn't turn up any new non-OEM replacements.

Jake

The batteries use industry-standard lithium cells, which are dirt-cheap. There's a guide (I believe posted by Rich, who has really put some fantastic information together) on how to change the cells in your battery packs- and being that battery technology has advanced quite a bit in the last decade, you end up with a vastly superior battery for next to no money.

Also, while I've only used one of the units I bought so far- the battery is shockingly healthy.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.273 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 13