x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Would someone mind ordering this NEC MobilePro 900 and reship it to me?

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 5:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Years back I bought the extended battery, OP-MP9-EXTBATT, and have never regretted it. Not only dos it have twice the capacity of the standard battery, but it adds 1/2 to the back of the MP, giving it a little lift in the rear, making it more pleasant to type on and use.

Anyways, I bought mine back in whenever they came out...a decade ago, and it is still running on that battery that has been plugged in nearly 24/7 since I got it..except when on vacation.

The original cells are only 1600mAh rated...when you rebuild them with 2200mAh cells...it rocks!
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I kept the best battery of the 2 defective MP900 I had because I remember it lasted many hours and was from a used unit, the battery from a sealed unused unit should be even better.

By the way, in the 3rd and 4th photos on eBay, what are the 4 black plastic parts in one of the bags?

Edited by aab 2013-10-27 6:28 PM
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 6:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

aab - 2013-10-27 1:26 PM

I kept the best battery of the 2 defective MP900 I had because I remember it lasted many hours and was from a used unit, the battery from a sealed unused unit should be even better.

By the way, in the 3rd and 4th photos on eBay, what are the 4 black plastic parts in one of the bags?

Hard to see in the pic, but those are those little anti-RF coils (presumably to be snapped onto the USB cables), and there are only two of them- that's them in their opened state
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 6:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Also, quick update on the battery- looks like it's good for about 3 hours of usage, so while that's not bad for something that's been sitting in a box for 10 years, you'll likely want to swap out the cells. What was the consensus on using cells >2200mah?

Also, I've flashed mine to cmonex V2, and can't seem to get USB flash drives working. My drives are blinking like they're getting power from the host port, but are not being detected, as far as I can tell. Is there an upper capacity limit on flash drives? I only have an 8gb and 16gb on hand right now..
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 9:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

8 & 16 Gbyte work fine...however, if there are a lot of files on the flash drive, it may take some time for them to show up in an exporer window as it has to read the files...and make sure they are formatted for FAT and not NTFS or they won't show at all.

Yeah...little ferrite coil type tyingies to reduce rf interferrence.

Not from the pictures and the serial numbers, these are original Mobilepro 900 machines...the type that need the software fix installed on them to keep them from turning themselves on at midnight.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2013-10-27 10:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I know at least my Casio E-100 turns on for 1 minute at midnight, is there a fix for that one (though it really doesn't bother me)?

Where's the fix for the MP900?

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-10-28 4:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2013-10-27 1:43 PM

8 & 16 Gbyte work fine...however, if there are a lot of files on the flash drive, it may take some time for them to show up in an exporer window as it has to read the files...and make sure they are formatted for FAT and NTFS or they won't show at all.

The 900C supports NTFS, Rich? That's news to me. I think you might mean FAT32.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-28 1:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I left out the word "not"...fixed now...duh...
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-10-28 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2013-10-28 12:43 AM

however, if there are a lot of files on the flash drive, it may take some time for them to show up in an exporer window as it has to read the files...

I experienced same thing on Sigmarion 3 and I found out that FAT table caching eases the lags few times.

Edited by Alt Bass 2013-10-28 4:14 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-10-29 2:13 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Re: old batteries. I recently purchased two seldom-used 728s, and while their batteries produce decent usage (though markedly deprecated from their halcyon times), their age really shows in their quick drainage when the machines are off. I have five other J-720 batteries that also show the same inability to hold a charge for serious time when the machine is down.

The new non-oem battery I purchased for my Js holds a charge for weeks. I bought that battery at Amazon and poked around there for the Mobilpro 900 battery, but no luck.

Jake
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 10:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2013-11-05 11:37 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I got mine and it works great, I probably only used it on battery power for 30-45 minutes on full brightness and the battery remained at 100% the entire time.

It's great having a new one that isn't loaded with scratches, Velcro, stickers, etc. It's also my first MobilePro with a working lid sensor, I love not having to press the power button.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13