x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IBM WorkPad z50 review

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2014-02-12 12:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I stumbled across this user review of the WorkPad z50 online today, and C:Amie agreed that it might be of general interest:

http://dawog.net/IBM_z50/Impressions%20of%20the%20IBM%20WorkPad%20z50.htm

The writer was experienced with CE and provides some useful information in the review.

Enjoy!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2014-04-30 7:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I always was fascinated with the WorkPad z50 since C:Amie first wrote that review on HPC:Factor back in the day. I've always liked that device..and in general, the ThinkPad style. At work, we had some ThinkPads that we used for a while, and we all liked them--until they got slow ha.

But yeah, I really liked this other review too. I still would like to get one...one day lol. But, make sure to get one with the 32MB memory upgrade lol.

Thanks for posting!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-01 4:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It even looked like a ThinkPad:

www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14738
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2014-05-01 5:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2014-04-30 9:31 AM

It even looked like a ThinkPad:

www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14738

mmm dat bezel though...hahah
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2014-05-01 5:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am the second owner of the Workpad z50 in my possession. I have the original box, manuals, RAM upgrade (and box for this), adapter, the fake CF and PCMCIA card slot occupiers, and even the spare nubs. The original nub is also quite prickly, which indicates low usage from the original owner's duration of possession and also of my low usage. One item I lack is the double A (AA) battery adapter I noticed an old thread where C:Amie had some for sale, but unfortunately I didn't own the product at that point and also wasn't registered here at that time.

Along with some other things recently, I prepared this package for selling, but am having a very difficult time listing it for sale. It's a very nice featured CE machine with a nice 16bit display. I prioritized purchasing it after the NEC product, since the NEC has the touchscreen.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2014-05-01 6:12 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I forgot the z50 didn't have a touch screen. I'd be interested in a comparison between the MobilePro 880 and the z50. How's the battery life on your machine, smb_gaiden?
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2014-05-02 5:14 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am unsure how the battery life is, haven't tried to run it down with heavy usage.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12