x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Newer Windows CE handhelds?

arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-02-23 11:12 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi guys,

I wonder if you could help me by recommending some newer 8 to 10” WinCE handhelds with modern technology screens; touch sensitive screen models would be best, but also keyboard-based could be an alternative. 10” size is preferred.

I did some search on Google, e-bay, other international or local sites, etc, but asking for "wince" gives hundreds of non-relevant results of only what is available at the time. Therefore I need more targeted hints to search for.

I know that there were WinCE netbooks put on the market , some of them even with dual boot Android-WinCE, but with 7” screen only (as far as I know).

Are there any newer WinCE machines than those?

Many thanks!

Edited by arlex 2014-02-23 11:36 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-23 12:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

As far as I know Arlex, there are none. CE6 was the last produced, And those were really no better than the CE5 machines as far as functionality.

There are zero devices I know that support capacitive touch screens in that size....or any size really.

If you read my review on the NEC Mobile Terminal that I bought...that is about the closest to what you are talking about I think.

Actually I think I would like to get my hands on a Skeyepad XSL with CE5 and give it a try...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-02-23 9:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

10" netbooks with Windows Embedded Compact 7 do exist, though not officially it appears. See this thread:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17122&posts=37&start=1
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-02-26 5:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you very much for the given hints to both of you!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9