x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help me out: Need a task manager THAT WORKS!

BatteriesBro Page Icon Posted 2014-05-08 11:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey everyone - let me start out by saying that I'm brand new to all of this. I work in a distribution center and I'm trying to limp through administrating our mobile PCs but I've learned a lot.

We have LXE HX3's that run Windows CE 5.0 and evidently there's no native task manager/killer? I have tried several different task managers that I've found through Google searches but all of them either don't install (if I use wceload it will tell me it's not supported, though I'm using the ARM version and I believe the HX3 has an ARM processor...) or they install, I run them and I can see the icon on the task bar but nothing else happens. I've tried clicking on the icon, hoping to bring up a context menu, but nothing happens.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, which is definitely possible. Can you guys help me out?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-09 3:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are lots that work. Have you seen this yet?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/editorial/why-a-task-manager/
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-05-09 3:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

From what I can see, it has a PXA255 on it, so any arm or xscale for the CE core will work. Not the pocket pc or win mobile, it has to be a ce core or handheld pc binary in case that is where you are going wrong.
 Top of the page
BatteriesBro Page Icon Posted 2014-05-09 11:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your replies

CE Geek - yes, and I've tried a few from that page with the same result.

C:Amie - Most of the packages I've downloaded have come with multiple versions of the CAB files. Through research I found that the PXA255 was an old ARM processor so naturally that's where I started but I've always had the same result: either the installer tells me it is not supported or it finishes installing, I run it and the application hangs; typically I can see its icon in the taskbar but clicking it does nothing.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-05-10 12:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I wonder if you are running a minall image and missing a runtime dependency. If you can get a dependency walker on it, perhaps we can find out.

Do none of the task managers in the scl work in any fashion? iTaskManager included?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12