x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Voice from the Past

Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2014-05-22 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hey Guys and Gals

My name is John Ottini aka Hurricane John, some of you may remember me as the genius (lol) behind the Handheld PC Newsletter.

These were the good old days, when they would release a new HPC device almost every month and there was great support from all sorts of software developers. It was great fun to be a part of that cutting edge technology and to met so many intelligent and enthusiastic like minded people across the miles, such as Chris Tilley and Rich Hawley. Although the Newsletter ended many years ago, I've still kept in touch with Chris and Rich and I do occasionally browse what is going on at HPC Factor, but I no longer use my HP Jornada 728 or my Mobilepro, I've long since migrated to using a Samsung tablet.

In a recent email conversation with Chris, I mentioned that I've started a new career as a novelist and published my first e-book available world-wide at the Amazon Kindle Store for only $0.99 USD, 0.77 in UK , $1.11 CDN or keep the Amazon Kindle site in your country . The book is a novelette (not long enough to be a full novel) and is titled MY JOURNEY TO HELL. It's a great little murder mystery, with a killer ending...of course that's just my opinion.

If you are interested you can check it out at

USA : http://www.amazon.com/My-Journey-To-Hell-Novelette-ebook/dp/B00JB9ME8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400766821&sr=8-1&keywords=ottini

CANADA : http://www.amazon.ca/Journey-Hell-Novelette-John-Ottini-ebook/dp/B00JB9ME8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400766453&sr=8-1&keywords=ottini

UK : http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Journey-To-Hell-Novelette-ebook/dp/B00JB9ME8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400766858&sr=8-1&keywords=ottini
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-05-22 5:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I read it and liked it!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 3:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That title could just as easily have referred to your ongoing quest for H/PC software.

Nice to hear from you again, Stormy One.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 10:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Or his return back to the HPC:Factor cradle?

You don't call, you don't write! Rich has been worried sick! Poor thing.

Good to see you back here John and congratulations again on your new occupation, it certainly must be an exciting one. Are you working with a publisher or are you doing it yourself?

You'll always be very welcome here even if it's just to talk about the world and tell us what's going on with Hurricane John.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 6:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

. . . especially given that he's only 41 posts away from 1337 . . .
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2014-05-24 1:37 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Howdy John!!! Welcome Back!!!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2014-05-24 4:53 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ah shucks, it's like I never left. Thank you for the warm welcome back.

Chris, to answer your question, I'm self-publishing the e-books with the help of Amazon KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing)
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2014-05-24 4:57 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

41 posts away from immortality.......I gotta do it. Thanks for letting me know.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-24 8:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That doesn't excuse you making two separate posts four minutes apart instead of using the 'Edit' button, John.

(goes off to find wet noodle)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-05-24 10:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think that it has been a wonder of the age, there hasn't really been a shift in publishing since word processing and digital printing, yet here you can self publish and find an audience, fan base and revenue stream virtually in an afternoon. Parts of the publishing industry must be worried.

My only issue with it is technology locking. Do you kindle, google play, b&n etc. Where do you draw the line? At least with paper you only exclude those with chronic fear of paper cuts.

Welcome future.

So, now that we know that you have the next 50 shades of grey on your hands, is it Oprah next for you?
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2014-05-25 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2014-05-24 3:00 AM

That doesn't excuse you making two separate posts four minutes apart instead of using the 'Edit' button, John.

(goes off to find wet noodle)

Edit button, what's that? Nobody told me about that.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2014-05-25 12:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2014-05-24 5:03 AM

So, now that we know that you have the next 50 shades of grey on your hands, is it Oprah next for you?

Still waiting on Oprah to call, have no idea what she's waiting for, my book can't stay a secret forever. Perhaps she's still upset with me for suggesting that the photos of her on the cover of her magazine are airbrushed.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9