x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Access Question

Timballisto Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 1:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi folks,

This is my first post as I'm new to HPC factor and I have a question for everybody.

I own an NEC MobilePro 790 which I just love, but it seems to have developed a glitch. When you try to launch Pocket Access you get the following error message. "Unspecified Error '0x80070019'" When you press the OK button, Pocket Access terminates itself and closes.

I've tried a soft reset and that didn't help. I could perform a hard reset, but that's kind of a last resort, I really don't want to have to reinstall some 20+ MB of software/documents.

Any thoughts ladies and gentleman?

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can provide.

Tim
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 9:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Unfortunately error 2147942425 is a file system error. In your case, it is going to mean that the virtual file system shadow of the ROM has become corrupted. Sadly a hard reset is going to be the fastest way around it.

If you use a backup utility, you can save yourself a headache.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 12:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Which brings up the point that you got lucky. You could have gotten an error where the entire Mobilepro wouldn't boot or auto-hard reset itself. You've been given a gift...that gift is the opportunity to backup all your files.

Time to do it while you can.
 Top of the page
Timballisto Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 8:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, I ran a backup using ActiveSync 3.8, hard reset the mobilepro and Pocket Access worked fine. However, after restored it I still get the same error message. Apparently ActiveSync backed up and restored the corrupted ROM file system...lol. I guess when I have time I'll hard reset it again and reinstall everything back onto it one program at a time.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-23 11:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That suggests that something you installed created a conflict. Have you installed any other programs using the ADOCE or eVB runtimes? (Some of the latter also use the ADOCE files as well.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-05-24 12:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It won't have corrupted the ROM, but something in the shadow. A patch file, some sort of corruption got copied through the AS image. Did you install anything specific to update office?
 Top of the page
Timballisto Page Icon Posted 2014-05-26 7:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The only thing I can think of that may have corrupted any of the DB files would be that I tried out Spread CE and also another database program, simply called Data. Perhaps one of those caused the problem. But all is good. I had a day off yesterday and I'm kind of OCD with the programs I have installed, their cabs are all in a single folder on my laptop's hard drive. Anyway, I hard reset the mobilepro again and just took the time (about 6 hours) to reinstall everything one program at a time and all seems good. Access is running properly again. In fact the whole HPC seems to be running a bit faster/smoother. Maybe it was worth the effort. I also made a fresh backup file with ActiveSync, so I'll be ready in the future if something wacky goes wrong. Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, I really appreciated it.

Tim
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9