x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 900 hangs...why?

tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 11:49 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm experiencing some sort of hang problem with my MP900. When I'm on battery power, the MP900 has the tendency to hang. Once it hangs, tapping anywhere on the screen doesnt work unless one uses the keyboard to give the command. And I have to hard reset the unit which is a pain.

A suggestion was given by Cmonex i.e. to use AC adapter when I'm using MP900. This resolves the hang problem but the question is why does it happen and is there any solution since I may not always be near a power socket to "unhang" it?
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 12:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

tech_girl

Since you've had the MP 900 for awhile now, is the hanging occurance a recent problem.......or has it been like that from day one?

Did this start happening after you recently installed some software on the MP 900?
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 1:24 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Have to agree with John here....

If this started recently, uninstall the last piece of software you installed and see if that resolves the issue. It could be that you have a malbehaving application....
 Top of the page
Tech Girl
Tech Girl Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 9:26 PM
#
Actually I experienced the hang problem for a while. Upon receiving the unit. Also it seems that if any program is running in the task tray, it hangs immediately.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 7:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2005-07-14 6:17 PM

tech_girl

Since you've had the MP 900 for awhile now, is the hanging occurance a recent problem.......or has it been like that from day one?

Did this start happening after you recently installed some software on the MP 900?

uh-huh, i'm not sure if it's a software problem but it would be interesting to test it. so i'd suggest not installing any software that uses the tray... try to live without them for a few days and don't use AC, just battery power. report back!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9