x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2014-06-20 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm curious what pdf readers work best on handhelds for opening current or more recent pdfs. I've found that more recent pdfs will open with Adobe Reader for Pocket PC 2.0 on my Jornada, but they won't open using Ansyr Primer. And they won't open on my mips handhelds (MP 790/890) with either Primer or Reader 1.0. They also won't open on an iPAQ 110 using ClearVue PDF. I get error messages saying that the file is corrupted or is missing an element, or that the program "encountered an internal error".

What has others' experience been with pdf readers?

Update: I just found and downloaded the ce.net viewers (for mips) from cmonex's site, so I'll give them a try tonight. I should also mention that I tried installing Reader for Pocket PC and Foxit on the iPAQ, and it crashed both times.

Edited by PDXMark 2014-06-20 9:00 PM
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2014-06-21 3:34 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE.net PDF viewer didn't work, either.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-06-21 12:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You may have to use some third party website to convert the pdf to something else you can view if you have to use your older handhelds. If the pdf isn't private, how about posting it for use to try it on our machines....
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2014-06-25 11:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sure - here's one of the files.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Env Sustainability+ValueCreation_OPIM762_Spring2011_Syllabus.pdf (53KB - 9 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-06-26 9:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry to weigh in at a tangent, but that module actually looks quite interesting. Did you take it PDXMark?
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2014-06-26 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

No, I'm actually updating a 1-day Business & Sustainability seminar I'm teaching this fall at a local university, so I'm looking at other syllabi online to get ideas for topics and reading materials. But I agree, this course does look interesting.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-06-26 5:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I got curious and downloaded the PDF file...then I tried opening it with Foxit on my 900C. No problems...was able to view it from any size, that is whole page, fit to width, full screen, etc...worked fine. Was able to scroll round using cursor keys...again no problem. Screenshots below of 3 different screen captures.

(screenshot.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments screenshot.jpg (238KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2014-06-28 5:12 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I realized that I have Pocket Reader 1.0 for PPC, not 2.0. I have just the HPC version of 2.0. I'm thinking if I install 2.0 on the iPAQ, I may be able to open those PDFs with it. But I haven't been able to find 2.0 for PPC anywhere. Does anyone know if/where it's available for download?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13