x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Would anyone in USA bid on this device to reship it to me?

aab Page Icon Posted 2014-07-05 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

A Windows CE device I've been looking for for years has been listed on eBay, the last one that was listed was about 3 years ago and I was outbid (I had bid $40) because I didn't think the price would go as high as it did.

There's finally a new one listed on auction, would anyone be willing to buy it and re-ship it to me?

Also, given how rare it is I'd want the auction to be sniped with the auction sniping service I run or any other one if you prefer. Sniping (bidding in the very last seconds) prevents bid wars and keeps the price lower, and on an item this rare it could provide significant savings compared to a "normal" bid.

You can see I have 100% positive feedback with a 5999 rating on the eBay account where I sell this sniping service, but I don't mind if you prefer to use another one:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=auctionautobidder&ftab=AllFeedback

If anyone would be willing to both bid for me and sign up to either my or another sniping service I would pay you all costs and some extra.

I still don't understand why some eBay sellers won't ship out of USA especially with the new global shipping program that makes it as simple as shipping within the country.

Thank you

Edited by aab 2014-07-05 10:56 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-07-06 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Freight forwarding?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-07-06 8:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The silly thing went for nearly $70 when you include shipping. I remember buying mine for only $15...I should have bought a dozen of them for investment purposes.

CEGeek...perhaps you have enough of them vintage things saved up to retire on now...
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2014-07-07 2:05 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Alt Bass: eBay doesn't allow shipping to a different address AFAIK and the seller had blocked buyers outside of USA anyway.

Thanks Rich for the bid even though I got outbid.

Now that the auction is over I'll say that it was a Casio E-15 palm size PC, the best grayscale PSPC ever made, I already have one but wanted a backup in case mine broke but wasn't willing to pay more for a backup. Hopefully it won't be another 3 years before another one is listed.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-07-07 6:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2014-07-06 12:42 PM
CEGeek...perhaps you have enough of them vintage things saved up to retire on now...

That's the idea.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-07-07 3:47 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

aab - 2014-07-07 5:05 AM

Alt Bass: eBay doesn't allow shipping to a different address AFAIK and the seller had blocked buyers outside of USA anyway.

I do not get it. I live in Russia and I can order anything to my US forwarding address as long as seller permits PO boxes.

I can have as many shipping addresses as I wish, one can set any number of them in settings of eBay.

I can ship to US address even when buying on other sites when paying through PayPal using a small trick. (PayPal won't let me choose to ship to USA because it knows that I am from Russia)

My forwarding address is even verified.

Edited by Alt Bass 2014-07-07 3:58 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-07-07 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>it knows that I am from Russia

Well, I do not know for sure about whether they do.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11