x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Network messaging

SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 4:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've looked through the forums for something on this and if it's there I can't find it.

Is there a small messaging app which will let me send a note to a networked desktop machine from my CE 2.11 Jornada? and vice versa?

My office network uses a little utility called "realpopup" which does just what we need: small, simple, easy to setup and use. That's what I'm after.

suggestions?
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 4:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I could adapt my Pocket Chat program to enable that. How are you connecting the devices together?

Nick
 Top of the page
SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 12:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Nick--
I'd love to see your PocketChat.
I tried downloading the HPC Pro ARM version; showed a dead link??
I'm using, most of the time, wireless ethernet on a peer to peer hookup (which you helped me get working a few months back: everything's running great.)
two machines on the network, a windows 2000 and xp pro setup. My Jornada CE 2.11 is wireless to a router, then a wire network to the other two machines.
so that's what I'm trying--
can I do beta testing or whatever? let me know...
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 5:15 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,

no-success filled in the feedback form, everything's fine now. It was a muck-up of %O's.

If you email me your MSN, (if you have it ) We'll talk about it over there. It would be something like my first version of Pocket Chat (CEChat).

Many Thanks,

Nick
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10