x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Largest arm based screen in hpc form factor?

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ehhhhh
how much was it? just to envy you even more
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 4:09 PM
#
It came with 2 batteries (condition unknown, I'm charging one now), aftermarket AC charger, factory stylus, zippered wallet, IRDA adapter for my desktop, no serial cable . But, I did get the keyboard cover ! I guess that's a rare find.

It's about an 8.5-9 on the clean scale, some minor scuffs on the outer case, the screen is scratch-free, and it has an extra logo beside the left side of the camera, so it's a little newer perhaps than my first one.

The shop was asking $300 CDN for the kit, yet they had a E755 with many accessories for $250 CDN. I showed the owner the 6651 was in fact *older* than the Toshiba, had much less memory, no wifi and therefore worth much less

Net result. $235 CDN, all taxes in, 30 day warranty (excepting batteries)

Whohoo! Some days it's worth getting out of bed.

BTW. By dinner the E755 will be gone. I told a buddy about it and he's picking it up after work.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Elder

My last word on this.
The unit is 100% OK, and yes, the backup batteries seem to be charging. They were flat and now they report as OK.

One battery pack is dead, the other I'd guess has 70-80% capacity. The new machine has more "snap" when doing normal tasks. Perhaps Sharp tweaked this model a bit.

I lloved restoring an image from my other machine and being in business <60 seconds. No tweaks, no fiddling, change the device name and I was good to go. I should have gone this route all along.

A few cells from batteryspace and I'm good as new. I might as well refurb all my 6651 packs considering they're all 5 years old which means, what, 50-60% of original capacity at best?

Long live the King

Edited by wallythacker 2005-07-20 3:12 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8