x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ubook install and POS syncing with Outlook...

Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 7:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Was able to sync my Outlook Contacts and Calendar, etc. with Outlook using Active Sync and now with the installation of CE 4.1, I can't. The sync list says "not installed" next to each of my Outlook items, i.e., Contacts, Tasks, Calandar.
I also have my contacts in the form of an xml file if there is some way to import an xml file into Pocket-OnSchedule.

Anyway, all I want is my contact list with emails and phone numbers on the SIMpad...how can I do this?

Also, I tried to install the version I thought would work on 4.1 of ubook and it failed to open on the device because there were "missing libraries". I installed that same version on the original SIMpad and it worked fine.

What version do I install and if I have to install "cabs", could someone describe how that is done?

Why do I feel I am going backwards here?

Thanks for any help.

The fonts do not appear as crisp on the 4.1 install as they were on the 3.0, but Internet Explorer works like a champ...since I use the Opera browser exclusively on my PC though I can't get over all the ads that appear in IE which I do not ever see in Opera!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 8:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As I've said to you elsewhere, you'll lose the PIM sync support under CE4, it doesn't have the sync module/driver, it has to be added.

On Schedule has sync support

Installing cab's:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0047.asp
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie was referring to Pocket OnSchedule, its the alternative PIM in 4.1 for the SL4.

To install most of the apps, you can plunk in the 3.0 mfc redistributable dlls and you'll be fine.

Handheld PC Global MFC Redistributable
http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/

Fourth from the bottom. Don't worry, I have uBook installed and it worked great in 4.1, so dun fret.

If you want, you can also install JS overclock here. WARNING Overclocking your device can damage speedup your device and you will experience frustration Joy and Happiness with your brick device!

More on overclocking
http://www.davespda.com/resources/faq/general.htm

Yet more ... in russian or something ... can someone tell or translate? (the encoding is cyrillic)
http://sukin.newmail.ru/setclk.html

and btw, the Pocket Apps except for PocketWord is also not in 4.1 ... ... only viewers available ... pdf reader is built in. Microsoft Reader can be downloaded. Palm eReader can be installed using the PPC version.
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 9:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I HAVE Pocket On Schedule already on the CE 4.1 net installation. You say it can be synced...how? Unless when you say On Schedule you are referring to another app?

It's spelled "lose" not "loose".
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Tombraider - 2005-07-14 7:08 PM

I HAVE Pocket On Schedule already on the CE 4.1 net installation. You say it can be synced...how? Unless when you say On Schedule you are referring to another app?

As I mentioned above, he is referring to Pocket On Schedule ...

Tombraider - 2005-07-14 7:08 PM

It's spelled "lose" not "loose".

Yes mdm!
http://wwwnew.towson.edu/ows/lose_lose.htm
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 3:36 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have been looking at pocket on-schedule for ce.net 4.1 (bSquare PHH).
The application can run in 3 modes.

1) Stand alone on the HPC
2) Sync with the desktop on-schedule
3) Sync with Outlook

Option 3 is the route I want to take, but I cannot get the synchronization to work.
I have contacted the support address but after nearly a week they have not responded.

I tried the ce.net version of the software, I don't know is the HPC version would fare better.

One issue might be support of Outlook - the website confirms support for various versions of Outlook up to 2000, but no mention of Outlook Xp or later.

Maybe they will respond to me & I can get it working as the app itself looks excellent.
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 8:49 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

mmark,

I'm with you. It looks like a great program...at least more than adequate for using on a handheld. I just want to "sync" once and get all my addresses, phone #'s and emails on it. I really don't change them very often. OR have some way to import them. I was going to email them myself because companies, in general, are getting better at responding to emails, but looks like they are not following the trend.

Why is the design of these programs so lame? Isn't an import feature kinda a basic thing with a PIM?

I still don't understand what C:Amie meant by "On Schedule has sync support" in his 2005-07-14 8:31 PM post.

Isn't POS an unfortunate acronym for Pocket-on-Schedule?

Snappy: I installed one of the other downloads of ubook and it appears to be working but I'll install those files you suggested and try the other version again.
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 8:53 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

As for the spelling lesson, I'm a retired teacher so I can't help myself. Now, I know, I open myself up to all kinds of references to my own misspellings which can be numerous (I have a keyboard with keys that either don't register or get stuck...heh, heh, built in excuse).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 9:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Tombraider,

The oo was a genuine typo, as most people who speak to me on IM will tell you, my typing leaves a lot to be desired. As I do tend to spend my time on the site when I'm half asleep and should be in bed, my lackadaisical fingers do tend to walk far more often than perhaps they might at a more convenient time of day.

I wouldn't encourage you to make a habit of it though.

On Schedule Sync Support:
http://www.odysseyinc.com/Software/On-Schedule/Version_OutlookSync.htm
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 9:47 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have now tried both the ce.net and HPC2000 versions. Both work fine on the bSquare handheld - very impressive apps, but I still cannot get them to synchronize to outlook XP on my desktop, I just get a database error on the desktop app.

I've tried their support line once more, if they do not respond this time I will just give up.

It's a real shame as the app looks like being a great addition to my PHH, with twiddlebit plan, Softmaker textmaker & planmaker plus pocket on-schedule - I believe I have 90% of my desktop apps up and running in my pocket!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 10